“Tasty Bit of Business”

Tofurky Vegetarian Food Cart
Ranked #216 of 635 Restaurants in Eugene
Price range: USD 5 - USD 7
Reviewed 24 August 2015

Very flavorful vegan food at cute food cart; short wait time usually, friendly staff. Gluten free options are very good.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We were visiting Eugene from Tucson and happened to find the Viva! Vegetarian Grill's website. My son has always loved tofurky products and I have been dying for a street side vegetarian hot dog since visiting Toronto years before. It was pouring rain the day we went and the power to the cart was cut off (there had been a fire to the residence from where it was sourced), but we were not disappointed! Although they had to limit their menu to items that were grilled (again power off), it just made it easier for us to narrow our choices. Since normally as vegetarians we have only one or two choices on a menu, this was a treat. My son got the vegan cheesesteak sandwich and I got a hot dog to share with my husband. The woman running the cart was super nice, suggesting the cheesesteak sandwich for my son and also cutting my hotdog and wrapping each half individually. Everything was delicious! On our next visit to Eugene, the Viva! Vegetarian Grill will definitely be on our list of places to go.

1  Thank VeggieTrek
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We were headed for the Garbanzo Grill but our plans changed and we were forced to improvise on the fly. All coincidences should be this wonderful!

We're big fans of a rapidly expanding vegan restaurant called The Veggie Grill. Now we know that when we're in Eugene, we have a new fix! Like VG, everything on the menu is vegan -- but you wouldn't believe it by taste alone. I mention the comparison because Viva Vegetarian is like that on a smaller, outdoor scale. if you're a vegetarian, you can't go wrong here because everything on the menu is good to go!

Sometimes as a vegetarian you crave fast food yet you don't want to compromise on quality. You wish there was a way to get your fix and not feel guilty, yet these places are few and far between.

My biggest gripe for years has been corn syrup in BBQ sauce -- so when I saw a sign saying the stuff here was crap-free we immediately went for the BBQ sandwich and man, was it good! Hearty, satisfying, delicious!!!

The poor girl behind the counter was swamped. I felt bad that she had so many customers but was relieved that people knew about this fabulous street stop tucked away and easily missed.

If you're in the Eugene downtown area, it's worth seeking out. We fed two for about $15 and both felt beyond satisfied.

Remember, it's not a restaurant. There is a small, shaded outdoor seated area but think of it as a parked food truck. Just don't lower your expectations because of the set up.

Imagine indulgent ballpark food that you crave when you're away from the game: footlongs, sloppy sandwiches, brats, etc. Then imagine them vegetarian. And tasty. And decadent. And reasonably priced.

Now you know why we want to go back!!!

Reviewed 25 October 2011

As a group of 6 we basically ordered everything on the menu and split it between us. The girl working there was fun and just kept bringing us food as we ate! This is simple, super-good vegetarian food cart style eats. It's now called Viva! Vegetarian Grill.

Reviewed 16 December 2010

I've missed vegan Philly Cheeze Steaks since Herbie's closed many years ago, so I was thrilled to find this place. They also have BBQ sandwiches, hot dogs, Italian Tofurky brat, vegan soft-serve ice cream. Friendly service, decent prices. I hear they are starting some limited bike delivery too.