“Yes, It IS a great BLT.. and diner to return to”
Review of Terry's Diner

Terry's Diner
Ranked #262 of 635 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 24 April 2017

I woke up wanting a BLT and Google told me the best BLT's in Eugene were int his diner located toward the north of the city just off the Beltway on River Road. I'd never been there, but the trip was worth it. VERY PERFECT BLT.. the bacon was not too crisp, not too chewy, not too thick, and not too thin... lots of very fresh lettuce, just-right amount of may, and a ripe sweet tomato (sort of a surprise for off-season). I had mine on toasted sourdough and the bread was the usual, good, not artisan diner kind of sourdough I was actually looking for, but also pretty good sized so the sandwich was hefty and satisfying. The one surprise was this tang of pickle I got with the first bite of both halves on my BLT.. not something I look for in a BLT. THEN I found them... pickles on the plate, seeping into the corner of my sandwich.. It was actually a kind of interesting sleuthing job to figure out where that pickle anomaly came from. I will be back to this really classic and very traditional diner because its menu was spectacular, especially for breakfast which they serve all day. The several pages of breakfast options include just about any kind of breakfast item you can imagine from the standards - various eggs, a wild set ingredients for a 'design your own' omelet, pancakes, oatmeal, huevos rancheros (with black beans, alas, not frijoles), to various versions of eggs Benedict .Seating is extensive , not crowded, and they provide books to read, communal newspaper stack, games and menus to color for kids. Apparently there is also a bar in the back, but i had the Alann Bros coffee which was pretty darned good. They are open from 7AM- through dinner - 7 days a week.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

My fiancé and I tried Terry's last night. We ordered the meatloaf with mac and cheese and a chipotle burger with buffalo Fries. Save your dollar on the buffalo fries as they taste like normal fries! The best part of the meal was the clam chowder! Very good! The meatloaf was bland sadly.

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

We look for local restaurants when traveling and Terry's was a special find on Trip Advisor. My husband had ranchero ortega omelette with wonderfully crisp hash browns. His biscuit was split and cooked on a flat top. I chose Terry's special scramble on the lite menu. The scramble included spinach, onions and mushrooms with blueberry coffee cake. Hmm hmm hmmm! Both meals were delicious and well portioned. We would say excellent!
Waitresses were very pleasant.
Collectibles were all around and like a trip down memory lane. Old pages from Saturday Evening Post, Howdy Doody, old signs, LP albums, tables and bike hanging from the ceiling, and metal push pedal car. Just fun!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Upon a recommendation, I recently dined at Terry's Diner for breakfast. It definitely reminded me of the old diners of my youth! Service was friendly and prompt. I ordered the salmon omelet. I had hash browns and toast with it. It was all very tasty. My coffee was constantly refilled (and it was pretty good coffee too!). Four other family members joined me and they all declared their breakfast meals delicious also. I'm not a big breakfast person but this was definitely enjoyable. I will stop by again on my next visit to Eugene.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

I have a place to stay out River Road when I stay in Eugene. Terry's is about the only place around the area, so we have been there plenty of times. This day they were quite busy. It took almost a half hour to get our breakfast. The waitress forgot the syrup, I didn't notice immediately. It was five minutes before she checked, and then at least that much longer until she brought it. Pancakes were cold by then. The bigger issue though was my husband ordered a cheese and mushroom omelet that came with about one tablespoon of cheese. He asked them to remake one with cheese only. When it came out ten minutes later it was a rubber slab of eggs with a handful of shredded, not at all melted cheese thrown on top and folded inside. Lucky for the waitress she never came back to check on us. This place if off my list of places in Eugene .

Been to Terry's Diner? Share your experiences!