“Unique and Tasty Food”

Cafe 440
Ranked #5 of 662 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A full-service, family friendly restaurant serving Northwest comfort food with a twist.
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We wanted to try someplace different so we met another couple here for dinner. I had the Brisket Bandito and my wife had the Meatloaf Sandwich. The food choices were intriguing. My meal was good, however, the brisket was more like stew meat rather than brisket. My wife liked her sandwich, but she was expecting a thick slice of meat rather than two thin slices. Not a big deal, but her sweet potato fries were wonderful. No dessert, but that looked good. The service was better than average. Not bad, but not fantastic. We would come back since there are so many other choices on the menu I wan to try.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

This cafe is perfect for very flavorful fresh cooked food. Nothing bagged here. I had the broccoli cheese soup, probably best I have ever had. Super creamy. Also had the pork egg rolls, they are large and homemade. Lots of pork. Dipping sauce was unique, creamy lime sauce. I would have preferred a traditional sweet and sour, but I thoroughly enjoyed the new flavor.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

American cuisine mostly. I've never had a bad meal. Moderately priced. The wait can be a long time and you cannot call in and ask to be put on the reservation list outside of 2 hours.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Came here with my fiancé on my birthday. Great menu. Mostly American and Mexican comfort food. I had the bacon wrapped meatloaf, she had the ribeye, both really really good. Good beer menu and prices. Had some really originally prepared prescuitto wrapped jalapeño poppers for an appetizer. I liked them a lot but they were a little too adventurous for her. All around great place and not overly expensive.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Three of us went for lunch and could not have been more pleased. We all had a variation of a menu item to meet personal needs. Each request was handled with ease by our server. In addition the beef chili special was a true knockout as were the salads. Here is where the place moves up from just real good to "go out of your way" superior...I ask for Tabasco, the owner then brings out three different sauces and then explains how the local one was made. What do I learn? The owner has real pride in this place and works very hard to make it many notches above your local lunch spot. Great beers and ice tea.

Been to Cafe 440? Share your experiences!