“favourite date night venue- always pleases”
Review of Belly

Belly
Ranked #243 of 635 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2017

excellent starters, and cocktails, now we have taken many friends here they all agree- plenty of choice, great menu selections....actually have never had a main but always satiated. Service is also best in Eugene. No complaints. Bring it on.....more of the same!

Reviewed 24 October 2016

I can see why there are mixed reviews for this place. But overall (meaning, not just food but the total experience) I'd not hesitate to recommend this place. It was FUN! The decor is wacky; the service was warm, helpful, and also a little wacky; and the food was unique and tasty. I wouldn't put it in the "fine dining" category, but it's definitely a place you can go regardless of whether you want something small and light, or you want a full meal. The wine list was interesting and affordable, the menu items were refreshingly different (we had a watermelon salad, a unique take on "gumbo" ,and a nice presentation of pork belly).

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

We had tickets to a 7:30 show at the OR Contemporary Theater and so we wanted to eat downtown. We had eaten at Belly a few times over the years with mixed results. We gave it another try last night and we were glad that we did. We had a very attentive waiter (I wish that I had asked him his name) who helped us choose what we should order and was there whenever we needed him. Excellent service! My husband had the perch which was served in some kind of sauce with fennel and he loved it. I had the pork chop and mashed potato and veggies and it too was delicious. The meat was tender and cooked just right. I don't know what other reviewers mean when they say that the portions are small. Ours were both very generous, and we thought that the prices on the food were very reasonable ($18-$22 for most entrees). We also had their cheese puffs for an appetizer and they are just melt in your mouth delicious. We will be going back to Belly again soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I recently spent a long weekend in Eugene, Oregon. We researched various restaurants and based on other reviews, added Belly to our list. We're very glad we did! The ambiance was eclectic and sophisticated, as was the food. We started off with the bacon wrapped dates, which were the best we have ever had. For our entrees, my husband enjoyed the flat iron steak, which had a uniquely composed array of flavors (including goat cheese and pine nuts), which took this dish to the next level. My perch was prepared expertly and accompanied by thoughtfully chosen sides. For dessert, we tried the Earl Grey creme brûlée. While not quite what we expected, it had an intriguing flavor. Great wine list and reasonable prices. Definitely worth a try!

1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Disappointing, in a word. Came based on local praise awards but not sure if why. Out of half the items in the menu and what was available was over priced and poorly done. The pork chop was fatty and raw except where overlooked. How did they do that? The service was poor. Overall pretentious without merit.

3  Thank Schwick