All reviews water view continental breakfast sliding door bagels nice balcony water pressure was great patio chairs recliner chair room was large english muffin non pet dog area great room nice stop plenty of hot water exercise room second floor
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Sure there's a little inlet of water outback, but the front is located in a supermarket parking lot.

Anyway: the place is a little shabby, but it is clean enough. Not bad for a nights sleep while you are passing through, but this is definitely not a destination spot.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Travelling up the coast of Oregon, we stopped in Coos Bay for one night. The Edgewater Inn was priced right for our needs and the photos were inviting. We ended up with a room that was opposite the water side, which was fine for the short trip, but it should be noted that it overlooked a parking lot and RV park. The beds were very soft and a little uncomfortable, but tolerable. Tina at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. Had the staff been rude this review would be much different. This is the type of place where the staff can make or break the experience. The pool was good and everything seemed clean. There are no elevators though, so if you are travelling with anyone who struggles with stairs request a lower level ahead of time. The Inn is on the river and very close to the lumber yard and train which made for a noisy morning. However, for a quick stay this place served its purpose.

1  Thank jezzyrabit
Reviewed 26 July 2016

This hotel is located along the river in between Safeway and Fred Meyers. There is an indoor pool, jacuzzi, and small gym. Pool towels are provided. The rooms could use an update, but they were clean and served their purpose. Be sure to reserve a room facing the river(they have balconies), otherwise you will be looking at the parking lot. Our room had 2 queen beds and a lazy boy recliner, small fridge and a microwave. Walls are thin, shower is great. The complimentary breakfast consisted of donuts, bagels, fresh fruit, juice, instant oatmeal, fruit cups, tea, and weak coffee.The A/C in the room is very loud. So, we left the sliding glass door open with the screen closed(worked better). There is a train that goes by about 8am and you can hear it. However, it does not bother us since we are early risers.

Room Tip: Room 232. Always get an upstairs room facing the river.
1  Thank lajgf
Reviewed 18 July 2016

The hotel is OK but wifi was not working in my room. I called front desk 3 times and I got unfriendly answers like, "I am busy and don't have time to help you", "You are the only person having wifi problem", "There is nothing I can do". She even refused to provide her name. We had a iPad, 3 iPhones and another tablet. All can't pick up wifi signal. Obviously, the signal was too weak because if I went to lobby, it was OK.

Wifi is important for us. Should I have known I had no wifi, I won't book this hotel.

1  Thank Nick W
Reviewed 14 July 2016

We stopped for the night in Coos Bay and had made reservations at the Edgewater Inn. We arrived around 4 p.m. and the place was dead. The reception staff was less than welcoming and downright unfriendly. Although I did not reserve a room on the water side I asked if it was possible to get one facing the water. Her response was a firm no and that was that. Our room was clean and large, but very dated. The beds were in desperate need of being replaced. The entire hotel needs a major refurbishment including the reception staff. We sat on the dock overlooking the water for a picnic, but the water view was not much better. I think there are better places to stay for just a night than the Edgewater Inn.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple