See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 March 2016

My husband and I have stayed at The Willows many times, and I can't believe this is the first time I've reviewed it! It is absolutely beautiful. The views are spectacular, and the accommodations are incredibly comfortable. We usually come twice a year, and we've never been disappointed. If you come over July 4th, you can sit out on the lawn and watch the fireworks. Sandy's gourmet breakfasts are to die for! Both Sandy and Joe are always so hospitable, giving us maps of the area and making suggestions regarding where to go. I would recommend this beautiful home to anyone!

Room Tip: The McCaskey room has its own deck, but there is also a deck downstairs. It is very spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2016

We were only here for one night for a desperately needed get away and it was all I'd hoped for - beautiful old home well cared for, comfortable and very clean. Gracious host and hostess. Delicious breakfast. Lovely grounds to explore with historic Jacksonville close by. We keep trying to get back but so far it just hasn't been in the cards. A great discovery for us - close enough to home to make it feasible for a quick getaway, sufficiently luxurious to feel a pampered (claw foot soaking tub!) just delightful. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2015

This lovely old house has beautiful rooms that are comfortable and clean. The grounds are mostly well kept; they have weddings around the pond surrounded by mature willows and other trees. The landscaping by the pool area and parking area, however, have been let go. The breakfast was wonderful: nectarine crepes, watermelon and blueberry fruit salad, and a slice of lemon pound cake with a fresh strawberry, all in a lovely eating area. The decor is interesting, and there are good restaurants closeby in Jacksonville. Very quiet. No potpourri or incense, which is a big plus as many artificial scents can set me sneezing.

Room Tip: We had the Marigold room, and it was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2015

It was a very pleasant stay for us - great food, friendly , and a lovely property to enjoy. Because it is a small hotel, it was uncrowded, and you could enjoy the amenities in peace and comfort. The pool was relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2015

The facility was brimming with potential and possibly resting on their previous success. I am an extremely big fan of B&B's and know what to expect. My Fiancée and I had a hard time finding the entrance and from there it just slipped into mediocrity. Poorly marked entrance and multiple off shoot drives not marked at all, we had to guess where the entrance was and the parking was taken up by staff vehicles.

No social hour as is the norm at big B&B's like this one, no wine or hors d' oeuvres in the evening.

Staff was in street clothes, shorts and tee-shirt, eager, nice, but poorly trained, not their fault, just college kids making a buck.

Breakfast was disappointing at best. You have to get your own coffee, ask for water and juice. We had cold quiche and a microwaved sausage patty. Not exactly the gourmet delight.

The ambiance was there, just no pizazz. Plumbing was dated and tired as was the bed, lumpy and dented from past visitors. No bedside table on one side of the bed and squeaking door hinges. Leaking shower fixtures had stained the wall of the shower green. Come to think of it the pool was green from algae in the corners too.

I would pass on this one fellow B&B Lovers.

Room Tip: Look for a better value, there were B&B's closer to town and with an overall better appeal than this tired old girl.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple