Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Janis E
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Avoid this property and rentals by Vacasa!”
Reviewed 11 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

We arrived at 4:00pm to check in to the suite. We were delighted with the space and furnishings and the location. We unpacked everything and sat down on the loveseat to enjoy a little respite from our 6 hour trip and unpacking. The very strong smell of WET DOG began to permeate our senses. I got out the sheet provided for dog owners to use and put it on top of the loveseat hoping to mask the smell. After a bit I began to get a migraine headache from the smell and my husband and I decided the order was not going away and we couldn't spend the night there. We called the number provided and asked for other accommodations. The person on the phone said she couldn't authorize a move until the our complaint was "evaluated" by housekeeping and that they would send someone over. We waited 45 minutes, we had to sit outside because the smell was so obnoxious.�My husband called back and said that no matter what housekeeping "evaluated" we could not stay here and would like different accommodations. The person my husband spoke to said that there were no other rooms available where we were staying. We asked if there were any others in Cannon Beach. She would not give us this information.We realized that there was not going to be an acceptable solution, if housekeeping came and masked the odor with cleaning fluids it would be more unpleasant. We were left with no alternative but to take care of our own needs for a place to stay. It was getting dark and we needed a place to stay.Believe me when I say we did not want to have to unpack everything then pack up all over again then unpack again!!! If the smell had been tolerable we would have stayed. We have a right to expect that the room would be free of obnoxious orders!!I expect a full refund. I visit Cannon Beach twice a year for June Plein Air event and The Stormy Weather event as I am an artist at The Haystack Gallery. If I do not receive a full refund I will have to give a negative review and I will call the better business bureau and report my experience, as well as share my experience with other artists, gallery owners, and visitors.�I don't think we were treated fairly with any helpful solutions. The studio obviously needs a deep cleaning and housekeeping should have reported this rather than let it slide and have the next guests suffer.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
13 Nov 2014
While Vacasa is certainly sorry that this guest was unhappy with the accommodations that booked, we disagree with the claim that this unit has a strong odor that would prevent a comfortable stay. This unit is pet friendly, which is stated in the listing so that a guest might make an informed decision on where to stay. Our housekeeping staff takes extra care to treat the pet friendly properties we manage to ensure we don't get complaints such as this. When we offered to have a housekeeper come to investigate and address this guest's concerns, they declined.
2Pets2Tra...
Portland, Oregon
“Disappointing Beach Rental, Recommend that you avoid”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

From the broken bathroom fan, black mold in the shower, broken dining chair, non-working fireplace, cracked and peeling paint - this unit was such a disappointment. Not sure why other reviews were so stellar, unfortunately I relied on those when booking this unit for our honeymoon....big mistake.

When calling the property manager to relay our dismay, they did send someone over to fix the fireplace and gave us a $25 gift card to a coffee restaurant. Could not fix the fan, chair, etc.

We left a day early and when we called to advise them they didn't even care - said thank you for calling to let us know. Not my idea of great customer service.

Some of out other comments to them were to request time limits on the washer and dryer on the opposite side of the bedroom wall as a neighboring unit used until well after 11pm one night. Other than the nice large, 2 person Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom there wasn't anything positive I can say about this unit.

Great photography of the unit by the rental agency - the bed was nice although only 2 down pillows - the other two were old and hard foam. The unit is sandwiched between the laundry/trash area and a larger rental property were we had 2 large dogs as neighbors - our 2 little dogs didn't want to go outside as they got barked at.

Worst rental I've had in years, so very sorry I chose this for our honeymoon - a terrible disappointment.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Jacuzzi tub in bathroom
Liked least: Everything else
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
21 Jun 2014
We are very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. Reviews like this are taken very seriously. Our local staff has been working on the fixable issues since you reported them. This is among our most popular units and sadly that means more wear and tear. We make every effort to act quickly whenever a problem is reported and are confident that this unit will impress future guests.

Travellers are raving about these Cannon Beach hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing