“Great Place, Great Value”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of A Seaside Retreat

Kitchen area
Queen size bed Queen sofa sleeper
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Queen size bed
Queen sofa sleeper
3/4 Bathroom
Oversize shower (no tub in Guest Cottage)
Washer & Dryer
Electric Fireplace
From the front door view
From the sliding glass door
Dining area
Small semi-private yard
Patio
Small yard
Big Redwood Tree in Stout Grove
Winchuck River as it runs into the Pacific Ocean
Nearby ocean with deeded beach access
Driveway
Welcome!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
maxman195...
Eureka, California
“Great Place, Great Value”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

What a great place to spend a few nights! With the fully equipped kitchen, lovely garden, great host, and amenities, we didn't lack for anything. Well, maybe an ocean view (but it was only a block away), so a short walk got you on the beach. Thanks Lana!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Like being a guest in someone's home
Liked least: no complaints
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
30 Aug 2013
I'm so glad to have met the two of you. I wish I had an ocean view as well. Glad you liked my little piece of paradise. Come back and enjoy new adventures any time.
nevada
Reviewed 7 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
7 Jul 2013
I'm so glad you found what I consider paradise and enjoyed it as much as I do. It was great meeting you and your family. I'm certain there are new adventures to be discovered here. Look forward very much to your next visit.
Collette...
Layton, Utah
“Fabulous Guest Cottage in a Beautiful Part of the Country.”
Reviewed 16 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

The Seaside Retreat was just as the name describes. The cottage was lovely, homey adn well set up. The area around the cottage was beautiful. Lana was a magnificent host and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. We visited Stout Memorial Grove, rode a jet boat upthe Rogue River and shopped in Bandon, Gold Beach, & Brookings. We all had a great time and will definately be back! Thanks Lana!

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Chase20
Redding, California
“The perfect cozy, peaceful getaway with close proximity to everything in Brookings.”
Reviewed 2 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

My husband and I have very hectic schedules and this was the perfect spot which was in a very private and relaxing setting where you could get away from it all and celebrate our 20th Anniversary. Lana has a beautiful garden that you can admire on your short walk to the beach so you can stop and smell the roses, etc, on the way. "A Seaside Retreat" had everything we needed for our stay including a private patio and an area to wash off your feet, shoes, and treasures after returning from the beach. It was extremely clean and the kitchen had everything we needed for anything we decided to cook or drink (wine opener & glasses). I can't think of anything I would change here and there was nothing we disliked. We'll be back to enjoy A Seaside Retreat once again. We can't wait for our next visit. You're going to love this place!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy and not having to deal with hotels and their patrons and/or pets.
Liked least: My husband and I were very happy here.
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
1 Jun 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. It was wonderful meeting the two of you. I will be looking forward to your return! Thanks a bunch.
Kathy L
Riverdale, Utah, United States
“Great Place on the coast”
Reviewed 21 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Our trip began in Seattle Washington, from there down the west coast staying in hotels along the way. This was our first time at a vacation rental and what a wonderful surprise. This place offered soo much more than a motel room! A small house offering everything including front room with fireplace, separate bedroom and easy beach access. My wife and I loved this place and will definitely stay here again! Thank you so much for the hospitality!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cozy little home with excellent decor and excellent value
Liked least: Would have liked to stay longer
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing