See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here during a weeklong roadtrip around Oregon. The owners and staff are super friendly, warm, and kind (new management as of April 2018, for those of you concerned about the older reviews). The place itself is conveniently located, clean, and very safe. The rooms could use a bit of an upgrade and the wifi was spotty at times, but I was told that those upgrades are both in the works. Overall, a great little independent motel in a convenient location for plenty of adventure!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here 2 years ago with a Slovak student who was visiting me and was slightly embarrassed at the accommodation. It’s an older property and the room looked as if it had not been thoroughly cleaned or updated in many years.

Traveling with my adult daughter and 4 more Slovak students, this was kind of a last minute trip and our options for 2 rooms in Brookings was limited. I did not realize until we arrived that this was the same inn, but the online reviews I had read prior to booking the rooms were encouraging, stating that new ownership had occurred and that improvements had been made. I can agree with others that this is certainly the case.

Let me emphasize again that this is an older property, but the rooms were clean and beds were much improved over 2 years ago. There was a small fridge and microwave in both rooms, but I don’t remember any other extras, such as a coffeemaker. Fortunately, there are plenty of places nearby to get a caffeine fix in the morning if one so desires.

I don’t think anyone visits Brookings for 5 star accommodations, but for a no frills night away to the coast or passing through to points north or south, this was a perfectly clean and reasonable place to stay. I would not hesitate to do so again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2018

After a very bad night in another town it was suggested by a stranger that overheard our conversation at an overlook that we not continue on that night to the town we were considering staying in, but rather stay in Brookings. Thank you stranger whoever you are. We found this place, not very busy, looking a little worn, but seemed to be pretty decent. (couldn't be any worse than the previous night) Desk staff was very friendly, room was good and clean, beds were comfortable, not very noisy even though it is located on the main road. I would not hesitate to stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2018

I stayed here a few years back and was disappointed, it's a charming place just the owners couldn't keep up with it. I saw there was new ownership and gave it another chance and now this is where I will book when I am in town going forward!

Room Tip: Talk to the owners they will let you know which have been renovated
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank goingsouthhiker
Reviewed 30 July 2018

My husband stayed here with a friend while on a motorcycle trip 3 weeks ago. My husband and I were in Brookings again last week and stayed, as well, because he liked the new owners so well. He was not wrong. The owners are delightful, the room was clean, safe, and very comfortable. The covered parking is a bonus, too. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple