“Heaven!”
other travellers have booked this property
French Country Cabin (#2) Typical Queen Bedroom in Cabin 1,2 or 3
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
McKenzie River Mountain Resort
French Country Cabin (#2)
Typical Queen Bedroom in Cabin 1,2 or 3
Dining and Living Room in Bear Mountain Cabin (#3)
Living Room - French Country Cottage (#2)
Living Room - French Country Cottage (#2)
Blue River as it runs right next to the resort - great for fishing and tubing!
Koosah waterfall on the nearby McKenzie River National Recreation Trail
Winter fun at nearby Hoodoo - Central Oregon Cascade Mountains
Snow on Country Cabin (#1)
Snowboard on Hoodoo mountain
Huge Tubing fun at Hoodoo's Autobahn
Snow Shoe and Cross Country Ski at many of our beautiful snow parks!
Relax at nearby Terwilliger Hot Springs
Terwilliger Hot Springs is a magical place!
Mountain Bike on America's #1 mountain bike Trail - the McKenzie River Trail
Explore old growth forrests traverse creeks on cool old log bridges on the McKenzie River Trail
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

NashTrave...
Nashville, Tennessee
“Bare bones accommodations”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Our stay at the McKenzie River Mountain Resort was disappointing. We did not meet Mr. Lavoie while we were there - maybe that would have made a difference. The person staffing the check in, who we also talked to in advance, was remarkably unhelpful with even the most basic questions - such as how to get there from the Portland airport and where is the nearest grocery store. He also did not tell us anything about the property once we arrived - we only found out about the really nice river access when the person in the cabin next door told us. Our cabin had only a few dishes and bowls. The cabin was clean on the surface but unclean under furniture (some toys rolled under the bed and were covered in dust bunnies) and outside. I think this would be a great place to stay if you're just there to mountain bike but I definitely would not recommend it for a family vacation. We did enjoy the fresh raspberries on the bushes outside of our cabin.

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Cynthia P
Chicago, Illinois
“Heaven!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

This was one of the best places I've ever had the privilege of staying. The staff was genuinely attentive to making sure I made the most of my stay. They take the time to get to know you and your activity comfort level and provide you with maps of "must see" trails, rivers, hot springs, etc. I appreciated the fact that they didn't just hand me a map, they explained it.

For accommodations, I stayed in the historic ranger's cabin. It is definitely large enough for a family, and although I was traveling solo, I enjoyed every moment of it - from the blazing fire in the stone fireplace to the sound of the river just outside the cabin. The cabin was spotless and fully equipped with kitchen utensils, pots, plates, towels and linens (very cozy, too!) The cabin was decorated with beautiful touches that you wouldn't expect such as a ceramic vase on top of the refrigerator, a down comforter with a gingham duvet cover, and a tin kettle of flowers on the mantle. Everyone in the town was authentic and friendly, too. It was so very difficult to leave the This was one of the best places I've ever had the privilege of staying. The staff was genuinely attentive to making sure I made the most of my stay. They get to know you and your activity comfort level and will provide you with maps of "must see" trails, rivers, hot springs, etc. And they didn't just hand me a map, they explained it.

For accommodations, I stayed in the historic ranger's cabin, and though it is definitely large enough for a family, it was just me and I enjoyed every moment of it - from the blazing fire in the stone fireplace to the sound of the river just outside the cabin. The cabin was decorated with beautiful touches that you wouldn't expect such as a ceramic vase on top of the refrigerator and a tin kettle of flowers on the mantle. I just loved every moment of my stay. Everyone in the town was so friendly, too.

It was really difficult to leave The McKenzie River Mountain Resort, but I'm already figuring out the dates of my next visit. To me, this is one of the most scenic and beautiful places on earth. Book it - you won't be disappointed.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beauty of the location and the comfort and cleanliness of the cabin.
Liked least: What's not to like??
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
13 Oct 2013
You are so sweet! Thanks for staying with us - hope to see you again soon! - Chris
mayflower...
portland
“Where the three bear live..”
Reviewed 8 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

I loved our cabin! When I pulled up to the house the first thing I thought of is, "This where the three little bears live." The cabin was adorable. I stayed in cabin five, it is an old cabin with hard wood floors and adorable breakfast nook that over looks the blue river. The backyard has a large fire pit and a swing. The place was very clean. I will definitely come back and stay at this cabin, but next time I'm bring more people..it sleeps six!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house was adorable, and the beds were very comfortable
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
7 Aug 2013
We are so glad you had a good time - looking forward to seeing you again next time! - Chris
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing