All reviews room was clean front desk stay there again free breakfast fridge and microwave minute drive the river downtown
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We chose this motel because we needed two rooms and a place that would allow a dog in one of the rooms. Note that I said motel and not hotel. Our room had a hole in the carpet by the door adjoining to the other room. There was a used towel left in the bathroom. I am pretty sure a previous guest was smoking in the room. The staff at the front desk are indifferent at best. Do not expect a breakfast and do not rely on the photos to determine that food is available other than from vending machines. In the morning, one can get instant oatmeal, a half of a stale Costco muffin or a Mandarin orange if you can find one that doesn't have mold on it. In addition, coffee is available in a small styrofoam cup.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front get traffic noise and rooms in the back get a train.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy L D
BendInnSuitesBend, Webmaster at Red Lion Inn & Suites Deschutes River – Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I'm not going to waste much time or space on this review. The staff is surly and unhelpful. The room smelled stale and the cleaning crew hung around outside smoking, which meant inevitable smoke smell in the room. Worst of all, the first night I was there, I pulled down the covers to get into bed, and there was a big, nasty brown stain on the sheets. Thankfully, I was in a room with two beds, and the 2nd bed seemed clean enough. Still, it's clear the rooms aren't serviced thoroughly between guests, and I had the creeps the whole time I was there. Definitely won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
BendInnSuitesBend, Webmaster at Red Lion Inn & Suites Deschutes River – Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on our way north in a double queen room. There were only 2 plug ins to charge phones ...1 by the bathroom and 1 on the far side of the other bed. Beds weren't comfortable, and room was tiny. There was only a sheet and a heavy comforter...nothing in between. Would've been just as comfortable in a cheap motel 6 or something.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank CSnider88
BendInnSuitesBend, webmaster at Red Lion Inn & Suites Deschutes River – Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your opinions. I’m sorry that we failed to meet your needs and did not live up to your expectations. I deeply regret that we let you down. We’re always working to get better.We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We were in Bend for a sports event and the hotel prices were insane. I didn't want to pay $400 for a room, so we settled on Bend Inn & Suites. We booked the "Hospitality Suite," which was actually really cheap compared to other places. I was worried there was something awful about it, because it was half as much as their other rooms. It turns out the room was great for our family. It was definitely dated, but was huge and worked out great for the kids with tons of room to run around. For what we paid, I feel like we got a good deal. Checking in was a nightmare, however, and the hotel seemed understaffed. We arrived at 2:30 p.m. and were told that our room would be ready by 3:00. We were told that the kids could swim and we could hang out and wait the half our for our room, which we did. Unfortunately, when I went to get our room at about 3:10, it was nowhere near ready. Our daughter had a game that day and we needed in our room. One of our kids swam and was wet and needed to change, but we couldn't get in our room until nearly 5:00 p.m. But other than that, our experience was good and we would probably book the hospitality suite again. The hotel is located at a very busy spot, but inside our room was not noisy.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback.I'm happy that you stay with us and like price. Also, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and improve the experience of our customers. I hope you will visit us again and see our commitment towards providing superior services and facilities.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We were down visiting family and stayed 2 nights. They advertise cozi beds - we had 2 double beds. They were just too small, I believe they have rooms with bigger beds but I don't think we reserved them, so no fault of the hotel. The toilet wasn't working so we called down for help they brought us a plunger and we asked for extra towels to whip the floor. They said sure and left them outside our door. We had to plunge numerous times. Good thing we had the plunger because our daughters had an issue once with their toilet. The pool had a lot of leaves, and bandaid and stuff floating in it. The grandkids didn't care but I didn't feel like using the pool. There was garbage on the ground in the evening and in the same place the next day, same stuff. Perhaps they need more staff. I know there are new owners and maybe it will just take them time to work thru it all. I wish them the best of luck.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
BendInnSuitesBend, Webmaster at Red Lion Inn & Suites Deschutes River – Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay at the Bend Inn & Suites and the review.
We definitely appreciate every kind of criticism and suggestions about our hotel. In fact, it’s one of the only ways we can improve.
We would like to inform that we have taken appropriate steps and ensured that the rooms, amenities and everything are clean, up to date and guest friendly.
We appreciate you for thanking our staff and this will definitely motivate them further.
We request and invite you once again to stay with us and see the difference.

Hotel Manager.