“An average Mexican food restaurant in Bend”
Review of El Rancho Grande

El Rancho Grande
Ranked #213 of 471 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: All your traditional Mexican favorites, plus time-tested creative family recipes. Everything comes with a side of exceptional service! Handcrafted margaritas, patio dining in summer, great deals during football season, family-friendly, and twice daily Happy Hours!
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Went there for lunch and had one of my favorite dishes in Mexican restaurants outside of Texas - Chile Colorado. It was ok - nothing special. The meat was not the most tender and the sauce was a bit on the watery side. Rice and beans ok. Bottom line, the food is ok but don't expect anything special.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

I came with my daughter for a mother-daughter dinner date. We both enjoyed our meals, especially the rice. Their Spanish rice has incredible flavor! Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

My second time to fill our craving for Mexican food. My first visit was during the Redmond fair with my son who was a vendor. I enjoyed it then so when my friend and I were choosing our lunch location and asked her Bend kids. I realized I had been there before. Yes, an excellent place. Careful the salsa is well seasoned. They serve white meat chicken which many Mexican restaurants do not. Service was almost, to prompt, then we wanted to lollygag and enjoy each others company. I will return again.
The rest of the story: An invitation to spend the day in Bend, Oregon
Sometimes, in our busy lives, we can lose sight of the honor received by being invited to spend the day in company with a dear friend. No purpose except to share a long drive so they can return, 22 months granddaughter to her parents which are flying in from a much-needed vacation in Kaui Hawaii. All that is required is my company. What a privilege it is. Yesterday was such a day. Spring time in Oregon, especially crossing over the mountain pass you are guaranteed to experience a vast collection of weather manifestations. We started overcast, went to fresh snow on the trees and slush on the roads, to bright Eastern Oregon sunshine, back across, snow in the mountains, roads clear, over the top, hard rain into the Willamette Valley.
It has been awhile since I spent any particular time in the company of small children. As a mom of four adult boys, I forget how busy and even happy noise is loud and distracting. Currently, my married kids aren't making any plans for me becoming a Grandmother.
How fortunate I am to spend several hours sharing, listening, meeting her adult kids and then spending a relaxing lunch @ El Rancho Grande, a few shops and back home to Corvallis.
Bend is transient type town attracting vacationers, extreme sportsman, retirees, and a collection of people who crave the drier climate and the sun.
I have known my friend for almost ten years, with the relationship growing into an intimate one within the last two.

5 Points to ponder:

Intimacy doesn't come without investment
(a calendar with open or manoeuvrable appointments, express quality instead of quantity)

Heart knowledge is a gift to be kept confidential
(Deep things will never be shared, in shallow waters)

Experiencing and learning are two different things
(Learning can result in many venues, Experience leaves a witness)
Listening says more than words
(Doors of communication are opened by ringing the doorbell and waiting for the answer)

Thankfulness is seed towards a greater harvest
(keeping the weeds out of the garden is the responsibility of the gardener)

We all have many things on our Ta-Do list. Tho' I will never remember all the times of; pay bills, mowing the lawn, making beds, doing laundry, writing month end reports, organising paperwork. I will bear in mind that keeping these things in good order and upkeep gives me freedom to do them on a different day.

Invest in the people God has given to influence your life. And you might be related to some of them.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

This is actually a fairly large, clean restaurant with clean facilities and good service. they have a good menu and the food is quite edible.

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Brought the wrong drink order. Waited on water refills till I had to flag them down. Then after pointing out the huge dark long hair in my food they said sorry and only offered to bring a new one to go. Obviously, who wants food at that point and it was marginal even before the hair.

Robin F, Communications Coordinator at El Rancho Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

We are chagrined to hear that your dining experience fell so far short of the high standards we strive for. Thank you for letting us know so we can address these issues with our team!