“Horrible ”
Review of El Rancho Grande

El Rancho Grande
Ranked #210 of 471 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Our independent, family-owned restaurant offers all your favorite traditional Mexican dishes, plus three generations of creative time-tested family specialties, heavily influenced by our coastal heritage and love of seafood. Everything comes with a side of exceptional service! Handcrafted margaritas, patio dining in summer, great deals during football season, family-friendly treats (ninos love our free silly straws!), and twice daily Happy Hours!
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Brought the wrong drink order. Waited on water refills till I had to flag them down. Then after pointing out the huge dark long hair in my food they said sorry and only offered to bring a new one to go. Obviously, who wants food at that point and it was marginal even before the hair.

Robin F, Communications Coordinator at El Rancho Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

We are chagrined to hear that your dining experience fell so far short of the high standards we strive for. Thank you for letting us know so we can address these issues with our team!

Reviewed 19 March 2017

For Mexican food in central Oregon it's just okay, waiters not friendly at all. We have a lot of experience with Mexican food wouldn't go back

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I have to admit when it comes to Mexican food I'm gonna tell you how it is. I grew up in a "Mexican" household, although being born here, and having acquired the knowledge of authentic foods taste, cooking and preparation I usually have something to say.

I'm going to say the bar tender was REALLY interest on the game and made sure to let us know that when we sat at the bar "in front" of the tv and rabbit ear antenna.. I don't care about watching tv when I'm out on a date with my wife, and YOUR tab should be in a place where a paying customer is going to sit and then have the rest of the customer make faces and growl at you.......

Now tot he food and drink. Drinks were on the weak side. Food was on the average side. No real flavor to what we ordered. Anaheim pepper flavor, non existent. Overwhelmed with sauce, the ground beef in the enchiladas was weak.

So overall this experience on the lower spectrum, I'll be trying the adjacent restaurant next time, look forward to that review.

I may be overly critical on Mexican food. But I cook it, my uncle owns a restaurant, and does my mother.

Try it, maybe my experience wasn't great but again it wasn't exactly what I expect for Mexican food.

Chip and salsa are great. Good homemade chips, warm and toasty. Salsa great flavor.

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

I come here for Mexican food whenever I am in town. Today was a business lunch I had with my colleagues. I always love the very tasty food, and the service was very good. A good Mexican place in town.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Easily the best Mexican food I have ever eaten! Delicious seafood enchilada. Everything was fresh and savory! The salsa pushed my limits for heat, but kept me going back for more! Probably the best margarita I have had as well!