1,414 results
All reviews pillow menu french press downtown bend boutique hotel turn down service heart of downtown steam room amazing hotel favorite hotel the lower level the entire staff ground coffee top floor the location is perfect sitting area beautiful room drake park
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I realize I am writing this later than when we stayed, but the hotel made such an impact on our family that we still talk about it. We booked this hotel via AAA at the very last minute for a (March) spring break trip to Mt. Bachelor. We booked 2 rooms, one for the kids (ages 20, 19, and 10) and one for us (The rooms were right next to each other, but not connected). What everyone else has written about this hotel is very true: very attentive staff, very comfortable beds, very clean rooms, and nice amenities. Parking is mostly free, but ask the staff about the hours you may need to pay for if you will be staying "in" during your visit, as we were on the mountain during the day. We walked everywhere for our dinners and enjoyed the Typhoon! restaurant the most. (Thai food). Downtown felt very safe to walk around at night. We had room service for one of our mornings because we had to get to the mountain early for lessons and the food was hot and delicious (tho a few minutes late) and worth the moderate price. The Oxford Hotel is a great place to stay when in Bend, especially if you can go during the off season when the price is a little lower.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We booked the Oxford at the last minute for a 3 night stay in Bend? We could not have been more impressed with the friendly staff at the desk & valet, who went over & above to help us - directions, maps, restaurant & hike rec's. We travel a lot & prefer boutique hotels - needless to stay, we are pretty discriminating about the style & amenities. The Oxford exceeded expectations. The facility is in amazing condition, eco friendly, good design, big rooms w/ great bedding, products (Dani), in room fridge/coffee/microwave. A exercise room w/ a view, sauna/steam/hot tub. Best of all they - they treated our bernese mountain dog like a queen. Hand baked treats, tons of affection & everyone called her by name. We will definitely be back. Didn't have a chance to try the restaurant, but it looked cool. Hotel is walking distance to everything in town.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Okay, I really thought the hotel was wonderful, we showed up without reservations, got a great rate and I thought a great room on the top floor. The staff was probably the best of any staff I have had at any hotel and couldn't do enough. But, and I hate to have to write this, I told them we had, had an 8 hour drive and really wanted a quite room so we could sleep well. I really think the girl did not know if you stay in room 703, especially in the hallway from the bathroom to the room, the reverberation is almost deafening. I did not sleep most of the night, I tried keeping the TV on most of the time, just to drown the sound out, but since we had another 6 hour drive the next day, did not want to keep my husband up all night, and he can almost sleep through anything, but even he found the noise difficult. Otherwise this is a wonderful hotel, with wonderful rooms and wonderful staff.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We have visited Bend once a year or more for the last 12 years and have stayed in many different hotels/motels/B&Bs. We've also stayed in wonderful hotels around the world. For me, the Oxford is tied with the Miraval Resort in Arizona for best hotel EVER. The service is top-notch, friendly and accommodating without subservience. (For example, we called them asking where to get medicine for our sick child, and they had directions printed out for us by the time we got down to the lobby.) The hotel has the 21st-century touches we always look for (plenty of outlets within reach, good lighting, enough work surface, free wireless), gorgeous decor with COMFORTABLE furniture (including the great beds) and an excellent restaurant. The huge luxurious bathroom was a wonderful treat, as was the French press coffee, and we appreciated being able to do our laundry for free in the guest laundry on the 7th floor. The fitness center was spacious and well-equipped for cardio, and had a steam room, hot tub and a great sauna. The only thing missing was a soda machine. We'll be back for sure--and I'll be looking forward to it.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BKT48
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed here recently on business. The hotel is located right downtown and within walking distance to tons of great shops, restaurants and bars. The valet folks were friendly and not too overbearing. The front desk staff were courteous and kind. The lobby is not huge, but quite nice.

The room was great. It was very large with a hard-to-describe natural decor. The hotel does not just say it is eco-conscious. It is. Even the bath products, which are nice, are kept in reusable larger containers. It is a little strange not taking nice products home with you, but you can't argue with their effort. The room has a nice, small refrigerator and microwave. There is a large sitting area with multiple cushioned chairs and a couch. There are two large flat screen TVs. The bed was extremely comfortable and the noise level was quite minimal.

The hotel has guitars that can be brought to your room as well as multiple bicycles to get around town.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.