All reviews the river outdoor pool gas fireplace steam room bit dated potatoes included breakfast large room a river view room yogurt queen bed full kitchen central oregon kitchenette lounge tubs veterans
Reviewed 22 November 2017

It's the offseason. We asked to be close to the pool and were upgraded, for free, to a riverside room. Very large room with a kitchenette and the river right outside our slider. The bed was very comfortable but the down pillows were too soft for me; perfect for my wife. Nice flatscreen with lots of channels. Sadly, the pool was too cool for our use, so we decided to take our morning shower and head to breakfast. The shower head was cracked and spewed all over the bathroom. We tried to take a bath but the flow was so low the best we could do was a sponge bath. Oh well. The ducks on the river are entertaining and come right up to the door, looking for a handout!
Breakfast was buffet style in the restaurant. It was OK - potatoes, scrambled eggs, ham and pancakes. Also some yogurt, breads and cereal. The orange juice was weak, as was the coffee. Still, we enjoyed our stay and would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Riverside rooms are awesome!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2017

While north of downtown Bend, the Shiloh Inn is still convenient with lots of restaurants and retail businesses around. I needed a relatively cheap room that would accept a dog, and it turned out that the Shiloh Inn was a great choice. They matched the online price so that I didn't go through a travel service, and put me in a river-front room that was enormous. Full kitchen, living room with fireplace (gas), and a queen sized bed in an adjacent area. Had I been an angler, I could have cast into the river from inside the living room.

I really liked they "resort feel" of this place. There are two-story buildings with about 20 rooms each, arranged in sort of an arc so that you don't feel like it's a big place. Two or three buildings are on the upper level away from the lake, but closer to an outdoor pool and the restaurant. Four buildings are down below, right on the river.

I really liked this place, and the desk staff could not have been nicer. The price (off-season) including the pet fee was very reasonable. I'd absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the river, esp on ground floor, are really nice.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
ShiloHotels, social media at Shilo Inns Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Thank you so much for writing such a nice review. I will pass along your comments to the front desk team. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our stay with us and we look forward to your next visit!
Paul Sala

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Awesome room with wet bar. very clean, comfy, and roomy. On site swimming pool, hot tub, bar and restaurant. My hotel of choice in the Northwest - wish they would expand. They upgraded us to first floor room right on the river for free. Back door just a few feet from the Deschutes river. Fed ducks and had a blast.

Room Tip: First floor on the river is great. Bring bread for the ducks
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words, we appreciate them! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our stay with us and we look forward to your next visit!
Paul Sala,

Reviewed 27 October 2017

My travel companion and I were a walk-in reservation. We were tired from traveling 5+ hours and wanted a nice place to rest before going in for major surgery the following day. We initially tried booking with another hotel in town, but we were unimpressed with a rude customer service experience there. We decided to try Shilo instead. We approached the front desk agent, Ashley, who was absolutely lovely! So patient and helpful. We had a complicated Worker's Comp reimbursement situation, and Ashley graciously worked through it with us and offered suggestions until we arrived at a workable solution. She did all this while balancing other check-ins and running the desk by herself. She was amazing!! The morning of checkout, we had the opportunity to chat with the new general manager for a moment. He was very hospitable and kind as well. Just a great experience all around. Thank you all! See you next time we're in Bend.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The staff was pleasant. The hot breakfast buffet was nice....eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits & gravy, pancakes, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, coffee, juice, water, in a very clean updated dining room. Those were the good things. Now for the not so good things. We stayed in what must have been in the ancient rooms section (wish we would have requested a remodeled room) The room was straight out of the 60's but that I could take. What I had a hard time with was it wasn't clean, the carpet needed vacuuming, it needed dusting really bad, the sink and tub needed cleaning, it smelled quite musty, but the worst of the worst were the towels. Not one towel was clean. It's as though they had been used and put right back. I will spare you the description of what they looked like. Luckily I've learned over the years to travel with my own towels and cleaners. I prefer to do my own re-cleaning just to be sure things are clean and I always take my own towels because I "know" they are CLEAN. Hotels are always a risk and you just never know what you're gonna get. We've stayed in good and in bad hotels before so that is why I always show up prepared and with the intention of making the most out of a negative situation. It was just for 2 nights after all and we survived. Next time we stay anywhere I will be sure to ask for a remodeled room and stay away from the "ancient" rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room and stay away from the ancient rooms.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple