“Great food, cramped dining”

Fresh Thyme Soup Company
Ranked #17 of 459 Restaurants in Beaverton
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Reviewed 18 December 2015

The tomato soup is killer. Just a little kick to it, very flavorful. I didn't care for the potato soup - too herb-y, very light on the potato flavor, but great garnishes. All soup is served with a slice of grilled garlic bread that is warm and a good compliment. The paninis are just right - I love the ham-salami-olive-red onion-pepperocini with caper mayo. It's reasonably priced and I can get 12 oz soup, garlic bread and 1/2 panini for under $10 (which is more than I can eat)

The service is fine and pretty consistent. You order at the counter, then seat yourself and they will bring the food to you (or your bagged to-go order).

The food is the highlight here - the dining room is not. It's small, cramped, and if you're not an extrovert, probably a little uncomfortable. People buddy-up at tables with strangers in order to get seats during the lunch rush. Parking lot is also cramped, but it works.

The wait for the food to be prepared is reasonably short, and to-go orders have a spoon and napkin and so on.

Reviewed 10 November 2015

Got there for Monday lunch just before 1PM. Many of the tables were taken by one or two people and many had doubled up with "strangers" to complete a four or six top...inside and out. A line that was moving along ok finally brought us to the front and we were greeted by a not unfriendly face who along with her fellow workers was doing her best to keep the line moving. We split a chicken salad sandwich that was very good...had that handmade chunkiness and flavor. The Thai Pork soup was tasty and generously filled with chunks of pork and veggies and flavor. The Potato soup came without a spoon but was so thick and chunky that it could be eaten with a fork...and finished. The food we had was flavorful and tasty, served hot/warm and in a timely manner. Mistakes had been made with the initial order and regardless of the reason for them, things were rectified quickly and in a friendly manner. Reasonably priced. We will return, been looking for a place to bring our granddaughter - soup lover - this will be one of our stops.

Reviewed 2 October 2015

Wide selection of fresh soups made daily. Very healthy. I always get the Pulled Pork sandwich. Their tomatoe soup is perfect. Their Southwest Pinto Bean Chili is awesome too. You cannot go wrong here.

Reviewed 19 September 2015

I don't expect a lot from a sandwich place just fresh ingredients and efficient and polite service. The food was good, perhaps not great but a solid sandwich. The service left a lot to be desired. I was with a party of 5 plus two small infants. We were happily waiting in line with one guy taking orders. All of the sudden a girl came from making sandwiches, spoke to a regular behind us and offered to take her order. The regular politely said we were first. The staff member then just said (without asking us) that we were fine with it as our order was all going on one order. It wasn't. Two had already paid. I wouldn't have minded had she asked. I would have let the woman jump ahead but it is EXTREMELY unprofessional to just assume. To make matters worse this staff member's chat with the regular held up the processing of other payments during a busy lunch service. She made my sandwich, messing up my order and the icing on the cake was when she brought me my order. She rushed out asking my number, when I said it was me she just said "oh, I thought you wear someone else", then turned and left. All in all it was the worst customer service I have ever had at a sandwich shop and I won't be back.

1  Thank lilac3033
Reviewed 18 July 2015

Love this place! The owner prepares homemade fresh soups -- the selection changes each week. Hungarian Mushroom, loaded Baked Potato, white bean tortilla, chicken vegetable, etc. Delicious! Salads, wraps and a wide selection of paninis also on the menu. The homemade cobblers with fresh-whipped cream are yummy! It's an order-at-the-counter kind of place. Food is brought to your table. Dining inside or outdoors. Casual friendly place. Always offer gluten-free choices. If you're in a hurry, let them know and it'll be out faster than you can imagine. If you want to linger over dessert, enjoying the sun, no one will make you feel rushed.
Love that it's a locally owned restaurant -- not a chain.