“A very good Puerto Rican restaurant”
Review of Boriken Restaurant

Boriken Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 401 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Our daughter mention this restaurant to us on our visit to Beaverton. I am from PR and while my husband is Chinese, she knows how much we like traditional Puerto Rican dishes. We tried a couple different dishes such as bictec ensebollado, mofongo, fried plantains, chicharrones de pollo, yellow rice, beans and pastelon. Everything was delicious. The owners were very friendly. The place is too small for such a busy restaurant and it seems to need an extra waitress, but they tried really hard and actually manage quite well.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

My wife and I found Boriken on Google Maps and decided to try it because (a) it had a very good rating, (b) the type of food served interests us but is not available where we live and (c) it is located only a short distance from where we were staying.
We were very happy with our choice. The restaurant is very casual, but attractively decorated and quite clean.
My wife and I split an order of chicken empanadillas for a starter. My wife chose the Bistec Encebollado for her main course, while i selected the Bistec a La Criolla. Everything was excellent, and the prices are modest for the quantity and quality of the food. In addition, our server was very good.
Before we left, we talked some with the woman who is the owner, and it was clear that she loves what she is doing. This, we are sure, explains why we so enjoyed ourselves here. Since we are not from the area, we will likely not be returning anytime soon, but we did urge the people we were staying with to try Boriken and/or recommend it to others.

1  Thank cem44
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This place was hands down so authentic and the staff was super friendly!! My boyfriend and i went here for my birthday in October. He called and made reservations because we heard ot filled up pretty quick. Which it did after awhile so i suggest a reservation just to be safe. The restaurant only has maybe 15/20 tables, but well worth it. For drinks we got the pina colada and Caribbean romance both were not over powering or over watered perfect for sipping and they were made fresy no mixes which i like!! We ordered the Pastel De Masa Relleno Con Carne Molida for an appetizer. Was cooked perfectly and filled with meat and green olives. Would recommend if you like plantains. Dinner was even better. My boyfriend got the stuffed avocados with pork in the garlic sauce. I got the Chuleta Kan Kan which is like a really crispy pork chop. Everything was so good and flavorful. This rice, pork, and appetizer all cooked perfectly!! The couple who was waiting the restaurant were amazing!! As were they friendly you could tell they care about the restaurant and its customers!! Cant wait to go back and try everything else! Perfect place for date night and to try some good Puerto Rican food!!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

What a friendly place. The service staff was so accommodating, explaining the menu items. All the food was delicious. The steak dishes were especially wonderful. Their dessert selection is unique and we had samples of several which did not disappoint.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

My Puerto Rican friend says this is THE best Puerto Rican restaurant food he's ever had in his twenty years in the mainland U.S., which I think says a lot, as he visits Puerto Rican restaurants whenever he can.

The vegetable mofongo was delicious, as were the chuletas guisadas, according to him; the yellow rice was incredibly flavorful; the desserts were good as well; and the avocado was just right! Generous portions and very delicious food!

It was pretty busy on a Saturday night, but not so much so that you couldn't find a seat, or you had to wait. However, I think the atmosphere would be slightly more pleasant when the weather isn't so hot, because the combination of Portland's current heat wave and the heat from the kitchen made the place extremely warm without central A/C! Otherwise, a lovely experience; it's not the easiest to find great Caribbean food in the Pacific Northwest so this was really a treat!

1  Thank Marcella W