“Best lunch in SW Portland”

Roxy's Island Grill
Ranked #26 of 401 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed 21 November 2017

You have to go to this place and get the best Hawaiian food around. Plan on a wait but if you can spare the time it is worth it!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

The mac salad is soo freaking good, I salivate thinking about it. The shoyu chicken is delicious as is the garlic chicken. The service is quick, and the beverage selection is good. I will say though, the condiment section is plentiful but always sticky, for good reason but still sticky.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We Googled "Best Food in Beaverton" and this place was on the list so we decided to try it out. It's kind of grungy looking, but we could hear the music outside and there seemed to be quite a crowd inside. It's a lunch-counter place with a pretty simple menu, and there are lots of people in line. The day we went they had some kind of large catering order so their choices were limited to the Kahlua Pork and some kind of chicken so we got those. I also ordered the Span Sushi because I like Span (I think I'm the only one in the family who does!) It was simple -- a "Spamburger" surrounded by rice with teriyaki sauce, surrounded by seaweed. It was pretty good! :-)

We asked for only one scoop of rice and got mixed veggies and macaroni salad as well. Both were VERY good! The meat was a little dry but the squirt bottle of sauce on the table helped. But the flavor was great and the portions large enough to take some home for lunch and for others to try -- which always makes me happy!

I understand they have 3 other locations on the westside which I assume are just as popular as this place. I wish they had one closer to Oregon City, but will probably come back and try their Korean BBQ and other items when they are serving those. The atmosphere is kinda festive and fun, the workers friendly, and people (many of whom seemed to be regulars) were enjoying them. Give this place a try!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

By far the best Hawaiian BBQ ever!!! The Shoyu chicken and Kalbi chicken are outstanding. The macaroni salad is simply amazing!!!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Yes.....it's a hole in the wall, tiny place, its reggae is played loud, it's not fast food, but there is most always a line out the door because the food is melt in your mouth tender and delicious. Ample portions that are priced right. There are lots of Hawaiian BBQ places in the neighborhood, but this is the ONE that everyone goes to. Just driving by and smelling that wonderful aroma of the meat cooking makes my mouth water.

Been to Roxy's Island Grill? Share your experiences!