“Casual & Really Good”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 August 2017

A re-purposed McMenamin's, I was pleasantly surprised. Great burgers. Nice attentive, but not smothering, service. Very good beer selection. Nothing special with decor or atmosphere, but it's just a local watering/eating please that's a hidden in the little strip-mall where it sits.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

The service is awful and the food disgusting. The only redeemable thing about this place is the mimosa, but how can you ruin a mimosa?!

I asked for maple syrup, but what I got was a disgusting tin of glucose. I asked the waitress why I was not given maple syrup and she responded..."we don't use anything store bought. We make everything from scratch. They use Karo syrup." Uh, wtf?! You do understand that Karo syrup is processed, not natural, and STORE BOUGHT?!

My next thought was that I don't see anyone churning the butter or squeezing oranges for the mimosa! Oh, and where are the pigs held for the bacon you served me? What are their names? Are they treated well? Just asking. I don't mean to go all Portlandia on you, but you started it.

The first time we came here we somewhat enjoyed it so thought we would give it another try. Big mistake, and last time we will come here in a city that is know for its food.

Update: so one of the owners or workers sent me a message. "Your stupid." Lol. Okay so the guy writing it is calling me stupid but cannot differentiate "your" from "you're." Way to go staff of Fireside. This is going to make people run to your restaurant in droves.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This is the partner place of a grill in NW portland and I was surprised to find this in a stripmall. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but okay inside and nice patio. good selection of beers, service is persistent, food was unremarkable-don't go for food go for the great beer selection.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Didn't score a table outside, but still had a great dinner. Steaks, appetizers, desserts and drinks were all good. House red wine was a little funky. Service was friendly enough. Enjoyed the apple fritters with caramel bacon sauce. Great experience!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I love the burgers at The Fireside Grill. We had lunch and drinks on the patio. Great cocktails and the best burgers around. The homemade chips and cheese dip are amazing. Put this place on your TDL. You'll be glad you did!!