“Perfect place for us.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Sea Stacks

Welcome to Sea Stacks!
The fireplace makes the living room very cozy. It also has a high vaulted ceiling with a fan. The dining area has a panoramic beach view.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Welcome to Sea Stacks!
The dining area has a panoramic beach view.
The Kitchen
The Downstairs Bedroom
The loft looks out over the living room and dining area.
The loft has two queen beds.
You can view the ocean from the loft without getting out of bed!
The Bathroom
The Laundry
The Stairs to the Loft
The view to the west.
The view from the deck to the north.
The south side deck view to the south.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Lorna H
“Perfect place for us.”
Reviewed 24 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Nice clean quaint house tucked back off the road and beautiful view of the ocean. Even had a flock of about 25 wild turkeys in the driveway. Was nice to see. If you're an older senior aged person, you won't be able to use the loft because of the stairway being very steep and the step not very wide. I'm agile and have good mobility but wouldn't attempt to use them. Kids would have no problem.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Just having the whole house and the privacy.
Liked least: The staircase to the loft could be hazardous to older folks.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Missi1006
Seattle, Washington
“Kicking back in Bandon”
Reviewed 13 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

I grew up on the central Oregon coast back in the 1970's. This rental reminded me of the "coastal culture" at that time in a good way. Live and let live. Don't sweat the small stuff. Not about what you have accumulated and so on. It's an older vacation home but I liked that. Nothing worse than spending your vacation worrying about tracking in stuff from outside (in this case sand) or putting your feet up.

The bathroom I am happy to say is much more modern than the 70's. Quite decent and extra roomy. Good, solid shower head and water pressure no complaints there. There were some little bottles of body wash, shampoo and conditioner like you would find in a motel/hotel. The queen bed in the main bedroom was quite comfortable. Can't speak to the beds in the loft as I didn't use them.

I was there a whole week so I choose to do all of my own cooking and baking. I found everything I needed in the kitchen pot/pan and utensil wise except for scissor/shears, deep dish baking pan and a cookie sheet. I had to purchase the pressed foil kind at the local grocery store. Since I knew I was going to be cooking I brought my favorite spices and non stick cooking spray from home. I also brought my own kitchen sponge as I prefer a certain kind. There are dish rags and towels there. They also provide dish washing soap (no dishwasher) and anti-bacterial cleaning spray. They also provided all paper products including paper towels and napkins. I did find tin foil and Saran Wrap in one of the kitchen drawers. I don't know if they were left by previous renters or if the rental company provides them.

There is a very nice gas grill out on the deck which I used to grill all my meat/fish (found the best meat at Ray's food market a couple miles away in town). The grill was very straightforward to use. It lite up right away no problem.

There is a good sized T.V. there with lots of satellite channels. Did not see a DVD player but I didn't bring any DVD's to watch so didn't look that closely.

The view of the ocean from the deck of the home can't be beat. Although there are no signs there is a path down to the beach from the home. If you are facing the back of the home (where your car is parked) you walk down the right side of the home to the edge of the property where you will see an obvious opening in the hedges (still to your right.) It's a really cool path that has been cut into the hedges. When you get down to the little creek vear to the left where you can follow an obvious path (it's well trampled upon) until you get down to the beach proper. Be forewarned though that this path would be very challenging for anyone who has significant mobility/balance issues. The path down is short but steep and uneven. If anyone in your party has mobility issues you will want to go to one of the public park beaches instead of which there are several nearby (just check Trip Advisor under "Things to do" in Bandon. It lists all of the public beaches and which ones are the most accessible). If you head right down the beach this is the "walking" part of the beach by which I mean no large rocks so the sand is flat and the waves even and predictable. If you head to the left there is a veritable "forest" of large rocks. Very primordial. There are also sand dunes which are fun to climb up to get good pictures. Because of the large rocks the shore is deep in some places and the waves less predictable so keep a sharp eye on your little ones if you have children with you.

All in all a lovely beach vacation. Would definitely recommend and return in the future. I was there by myself and felt very safe and secure the entire time. It's very quiet and private. There are homes next to you but most of the time I rarely saw any signs of life in the other homes.

karenj860...
Roseburg, Oregon
“Had a wonderful time! Felt like we had our own slice of heaven right in front of us!!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

My two sons, two dogs and I stayed at this great house! We had everything we could need! The house was clean, and just a short walk to the beach! My favorite part was at night, sitting on the deck taking in the beautiful sunsets! Later watching the fire going and listening to the ocean and looking at the stars!!! We had such a great time and were close to old town Brandon! Thanks for a wonderful stay! We will definitely be back!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
14 Sep 2016
Hi Karen,
I am very happy to hear this. The Sea Stacks is a great spot with its own beach access.

Thank you and we will see you again.
Sam
Mary C
“A great fit for family including our dogs.”
Reviewed 15 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Sea Stacks was one of the best cabins we have ever stayed in. Not because of fine linens or room service but " location, location, location!" If you are looking to bring kids and dogs to the Oregon coast this is your top choice. I have been an Oregonian about 45 years and spent countless weekends enjoying the beaches we have. Sea Stacks not only has one of the most spectacular beaches but a river right at the foot of the trail. It is perfect for wading in and lovely as it meanders into the ocean. The beach was secluded with the option of lots of off leash time for the dogs, rock climbing for our young boys and dunes for jumping off of. Spectacular sunsets and great weather. Sam (property manager) was always on hand to answer questions and couldn't have been more welcoming. Although the cabin is definitely dated (The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars) it was comfortable and clean. And well equipped with a barbeque grill and utensils. We don't often head as far south as Bandon but Sea Stacks would draw us back again. The town is great and we had the best halibut fish and chips ever at the Seafood Market. Be sure to go to Face Rock wayside and observe the beautiful mystical "Face Rock" from a spectacular view point. There is a stable walking distance from the cabin for beach rides. As a horse person I marveled (from a distance) at their string who all looked content in their job. Although I did not ride this time I might consider it in the future as a great way to see this coast line. This is a real gem people book with Sam - you won't be disappointed!

8 Sep 2016
I am glad you picked the Sea Stacks, it really is a great place right on the beach! I really hope you come back and stay here again.
Thank you!
Jamon A
“Location = Amazing”
Reviewed 8 March 2016 for a stay in June 2015

The place was a little hard to find in the dark, mainly because it has a skinny driveway up a hill, and the house is hidden by the hill. The house sits among some very nice, much larger properties, but they aren't extremely close. So there wasn't a big worry about noise or being noisy ourselves. The walk down to the beach only takes a minute. One can walk along the beach for miles. The sunsets are outstanding! The housed had a fireplace, television channels our kids could watch, and the kitchen had everything we needed to fix our meals there. While there are several restaurants in Bandon, none of theme seem to stay open very late. So, if you're changing time zones or are a late eater bring a late night snack or meal to prepare.

15 Jul 2016
The Sea Stacks is a great private little beach house with everything you need. Bandon is a small town and places do close earlier than in the cities. Most of the businesses will stay open later during the summer months. We hope you come back.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing