“Outstanding!”
Review of Lone Pine Cafe

Lone Pine Cafe
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Baker City
Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

Everything that has previously been written is true! We had lunch there, they also serve breakfast all day. The day we were there the specials were chicken noodle soup and brisket sandwich. We both had the soup which was outstanding, my husband had the brisket, it was great, and I had the cup of soup and 1/2 sandwich combo with a turkey sandwich. It was the best turkey sandwich I have ever had. It's a small, comfy space, and lots of people who I assume were locals were picking up to-go orders, always a good sign. The only thing I would add is that coming in and going out - look around at the beautifully restored and maintained old buildings in this downtown area - they are awesome!

Reviewed 25 February 2016

Stopped by for a late lunch after reading reviews online. It was nice to get off the freeway for a delicious relaxing lunch. Cup of Soup 1/2 sandwich combo was very generous and filling. My sons Bacon Blue Burger with fries truly excellent. Fast, friendly service, very reasonable tariff. Loved the vintage turntable and HiFi playing eclectic vinyl. Must be 200 plus albums to choose from

Reviewed 15 February 2016

Ate here a couple of times while visiting family; we ate the daily specials and traded halves. Soups, salads and sandwiches were really good.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

When arriving at 8 am (the time they open) on a Friday, the waitress opened the door and didn't greet us. She just walked away. We sat down and pretty much from the start, felt like the two women that were working in there really didn't want to be there. We ordered and the waitress was pretty neutral, not friendly or unfriendly, took our order. I ordered the Huevos Rancheros and was very disappointed. For almost $10 you would think I would get more than a pile of black beans, one egg, and a small dollop of guacamole and sour cream with fried tortillas. Seriously, there were so many black beans I thought they dumped a whole can on the plate! It was definitely not worth the $9.50 they charged. I don't know if they were having a bad day or what, but the music was turned up pretty loud for first thing in the morning and I couldn't even talk to my friend without having to talk pretty loudly. Other people have reviewed this place and have made it #1 of all the restaurants in Baker City to go to and that is why we came here. It would not be in my top 10 from what we experienced on Friday. Hopefully, they can do better. We were glad to leave.

4  Thank Caren B
Reviewed 9 February 2016

We went for lunch after seeing all the high ratings for this restaurant. We were not disappointed. The hamburgers and fries were exceptional and tasted so good. The building interior is quaint and interesting. The service was great, and the place was packed by the time we finished eating. This restaurant is definitely on our "go to" list when we're in town.