“One of the states best brewpubs for beer and food”

Barley Brown's Brewpub
Ranked #3 of 52 Restaurants in Baker City
Price range: USD 7 - USD 23
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Barley Brown's was established in 1998. It's located in the Historic District of Baker City Oregon. The in-house brewery can be viewed from the dining room. Best Places Northwest says "Baker City's best (and biggest) dinners come from this family-friendly brew pub" Fudors describes it as the "Cheers" of Baker City. The beautiful oak bar is surrounded by antique bar stools made from the original jury chairs out of the Baker County court house. It's a fully stocked bar, with a wine list, and featuring Barley Brown's award winning beers. The dining room is lined with large oak booths under a stamped tin ceiling. The one story brick building is easy to find at the corner of Main and church streets. It has a parking lot and plenty of street parking. Closed Sundays and most Holidays.
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

My first time here was 2 years ago. I ordered the sampler platter which was served on a waitress tray, a large selection of their beers, all beer types and every single one was delicious. At that time i ordered their ribs and I thought it was one of the best rib plates i had that year. (I try and have ribs wherever I go). This time around I ordered their steak salad. As we the ribs, this dish was with local meat and quality ingredients. Kudos to Barley Browns for offering solid beer across the board and really good food.

1  Thank oregon11

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Ok, so I love breweries but my husband is not a fan b/c they are usually table seating and loud/hard to hear. Both of us were so impressed with the service and food quality! And the booths were nice and comfy and it was not loud at all. We will definitely come here again next time we are in Baker.

1  Thank PatieG2
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

The food was excellent and the service was exceptional. A great place for our family to get together for a mixture of over the top emotions!

1  Thank Laletta Wickam B
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Nice selection of beers and ales, but also consistently good food. Nice pub environment. We always stop in when we travel through

1  Thank PatrickHayes
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

I'm not a beer drinker but they have a few I might enjoy. I had their Kobe beef burger.....awesome! I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Terri M