“Good beer and Reuben”

Price range: USD 7 - USD 23
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Barley Brown's was established in 1998. It's located in the Historic District of Baker City Oregon. The in-house brewery can be viewed from the dining room. Best Places Northwest says "Baker City's best (and biggest) dinners come from this family-friendly brew pub" Fudors describes it as the "Cheers" of Baker City. The beautiful oak bar is surrounded by antique bar stools made from the original jury chairs out of the Baker County court house. It's a fully stocked bar, with a wine list, and featuring Barley Brown's award winning beers. The dining room is lined with large oak booths under a stamped tin ceiling. The one story brick building is easy to find at the corner of Main and church streets. It has a parking lot and plenty of street parking. Closed Sundays and most Holidays.
Reviewed 16 April 2015

I was in Baker City for work and decided to try out Barleys. One of my favorite things to eat is a Reuben and theirs did not disappoint. The service was really good as well as the beer. I had the WFO and it was very good. Definitely will go back if I am in the area

Reviewed 18 February 2015

I stopped by to have a great meal after work. Nice Rib Eye Steak and a great beer to wash it down! Saw the sign, hence my review title.

My favorite beer is "Hot Blonde", picture of the logo attached. They were actually out of this wonderful beer. Alas, I had to try another, and it was excellent. Their seasonal dark beer with a hint of Jalepeno, just enough to keep it warm.

I walked over to the Tap House across the street and filled up some growlers. I feel like an old time boot-legger transporting this across state lines, but they don't make beer like this in Idaho! These fine brewers have won more awards than you can imagine! Drop by and check out their wide array of awards and medals, and they will be proud to tell you about them!

I highly recommend the "sampler", which is 11 beers from the left side of the menu, and 11 beers from the right side of the menu. Make sure you have a Designated Driver, or walk back to the hotel like I did!

This makes the long drive to Baker City more than worthwhile, and is highly recommended by me as a wonderful stop as you pass through!

I have to say, this is my all-time Favorite Brew Pub!

Reviewed 17 January 2015

I havent played darts in years....and now I know why I stopped LOL. we enjoyed the beer offerings here and even had a great conversation with the owner...

Reviewed 13 January 2015

The service was great - and it was a packed house! It was a big menu that gave my other half many options...with wine for me! Not a bad seat in the house, with a view of where the action is - the brewery!
And to top it off - it started snowing while we were there (we'll give Barley Brown's the credit for that!).

Reviewed 12 January 2015

Service was OK (it was crowded), place is cute but the pasta I got was drowning in cream sauce, which was not as described in the menu. They did get me something else which was OK. Everyone else at the table liked their meal, though