“Pretty good unit”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Weatherford
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Pretty good unit”
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I stayed one night at this property. The hotel was easy to find and is close to the I-40 interstate although I did not hear much road noise during my stay. The king room I stayed in was large, clean and appeared new. The bathroom was large. I especially liked the shower head that was easy to use and didn't require bending over to use. That was very much appreciated. The bed was firm and very comfortable. There did not appear to be any restaurants within walking distance but there was a convenience store close by as well as at least one filling station. The wireless worked flawlessly during my stay. The heating and A/C worked very well and was not overly noisy. I found this property to be noisy with a lot of noticeable door slams, music easily heard through the walls or floor and just a lot of other foot traffic type noise all of which became bothersome after 10pm. Because of the noise I don't know if I'd give this place another shot.

The continental breakfast was good. The coffee was very good and the breakfast attendant was terrific.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Butler, TN
Reviewed 3 October 2010

This was a very nice Comfort Inn & Suites. It had a really nice breakfast w/sausage gravy and biscuits. They did not have the USA Today or the Wall Street Journal as promised in the reservation. My only complaints was the stinking air conditioner -- not sure if it had been sprayed with a freshner or there is a freshner in the unit, but unbearable when unit is running. Would stay again, but would check out room and air-conditioning before checking in.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dresden, Ohio
Reviewed 20 July 2010

This hotel seemed like it was brand new - excellent condition, super-clean rooms, helpful staff; clean indoor pool - quiet too. No complaints at all - I would gladly stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Metro Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Arriving early first appearance was impressive...nicely appointed lobby, friendly, informative visit with owner, Buzzy who checked us in. All king beds located on first floor only (now I know why we shy away from ground floor rooms.) Went to our room & it was very spacious, nicely furnished, bed looked comfy & inviting, bathroom had good lighting, hotel location was convenient to I-40 & quiet. All was well seemingly, except for odd odor in the room. Just as we were ready to turn out the lights, bedtime, 10 p.m. or so, a water bug was spotted in bathroom & then another around AC window unit. Upon pulling back heavy draperies, we discovered bugs en masse around AC unit...mostly small black beetles & lifting bed ruffle, we spotted more bugs. Appalled, spouse called front desk. He was informed by Keith that the room had an ongoing problem with bugs infiltrating around AC & had been sprayed twice within 3 weeks. Supposedly this was ONLY ROOM in entire place with a problem except for recurring water leak in a third floor room. Oh, Sure! Since management knew about bugs in Room 114, we wondered why we or anyone else would be assigned that room. Since we had checked in early, surely there would have been a clean bug-free room available. Keith made no offer to move us to another room which would have been very inconvenient for us, if one was available at that late hour but more desirable than knowing bugs were abounding in Room 114. So sleep didn't come easily. Spouse ate sparingly at mediocre breakfast array. I chose to avoid it altogether....too tired to eat. Upon checkout no offer for compensation was made, however I admit that we asked for none. Spouse informed desk clerk that we would be posting a review on Trip Advisor. Obviously they aren't aware of the influence this website has on frequent travellers who plan their own itineraries. Without a doubt it was the worst overnight stay of entire month-long trip! Bummer!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wiserandolder
Arizona
Reviewed 15 July 2009

We've not always planned in advance before and were stuck in less desireable hotels along the I-40 corridor around Elk City and Clinton. This hotel was fantastic. We highly recommend it. Also, try Braums for burgers, fries, and shakes.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weatherford
0.9 km away
25.8 km away
Super 8 Clinton
Super 8 Clinton
#3 of 9 in Clinton

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!