All reviews chalkboard restaurant turn down service utica square corner room beef wellington keurig coffee maker attached restaurant historic hotel mile radius rooms are huge we ordered room service highly recommend this property fantastic hotel within miles shuttle service downtown area favorite hotel
Reviewed 14 June 2016

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this historic hotel (on the National Register of Historic Places). It as built in 1929 as one of the first apartment-hotels - primarily for wealthy oil men building their new homes. It has 55 rooms, all very large. It was built by a rags-to-riches Okie, Pat Hurley, who went from working in a coal mine to being War Minister under Hoover and later a World War II general and diplomat. It has been renovated recently and is beautiful. It has all the amenities you would like - complimentary Wall Street Journal, courtesy transportation within downtown, etc. The restaurant - the Chalkboard - is excellent and has a good bar. We've gone to the hotel from time-to-time over the past 20 years but now it will be our only Tulsa stay. My wife's picture on Instagram garnered 1,000 plus "likes" so other agree it is attractive. The hotel has parking immediately next to the hotel. The staff were uniformly competent and courteous. For our weekend it was $100 less than the Mayo, the other major historic hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Andrew M, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Tulsa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Bryan_Aldridge,

Thank you for your wonderful response and I'm so glad you enjoyed the history and the story behind our amazing hotel. There is a lot to learn about an old building like ours and we appreciate it when our guests take the time to discover more!

I also appreciate all of the kind comments you made about our staff, the rooms and the restaurant. We are always striving to provide the finest in accommodations to all of our guests and it sounds like we were successful in making your stay a memorable one.

Thank you again for your comments and we certainly look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back to Tulsa.

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed a total of 4 nights (June 8-11, 2016) and it was wonderful. We were in room 305 (which the front desk staff called "The Old War Room"). It was an Executive King room and it was massive in size. The bed was comfy and there was an awesome chaise lounge and another chair that was also quite comfortable. My only complaint is that there is no bathtub. Just a large walk-in shower.
The staff members were also very nice although we didn't interact with them much.
We ordered room service from The Chalkboard the first night. It was just drinks and a cheese plate but it was very good and fast. However, when we ate there for breakfast a few days later it was less than impressive. The mimosas were excellent but the actual breakfast wasn't very good (iHop would have been better and MUCH less expensive).
All in all I would definitely stay here again if I were to come back to Tulsa!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Shellbell757,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent stay with us! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your rooms and all of your interaction with our staff. As for the issues with the restaurant offerings, I will consult with their leadership team to make sure we are improving moving forward.

We certainly hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Tulsa.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

I spent two nights at this hotel and was very pleased by this experience. I got the corner room with king bed. The room was very spacious and nicely decorated and the view was great! The restaurant downstairs served very nice breakfast and I heard the bar wasn't bad either (from my drinking friends - I don't drink)
I have to thank the front staff for being extremely pleasant to talk to and eager to help.
Good Job, Ambassador!

Room tip: Corner rooms are the best!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Tulsa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Wincet,

Thank you for sharing your great review with us! We are honored to hear we exceeded your expectations and provided you with a memorable experience at the Ambassador Hotel Tulsa. I will share your kind words with my staff as they are truly the driving force behind our service.

From all of us, we hope we are able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

Beautiful hotel, very competent staff, well managed. My wife and I each had a corner king room and in particular loved the large, walk-in shower. Super clean and very quiet. The only downside, for some I suppose, is that the hotel is located in a rather barren part of downtown. But taxis are reasonably priced and the hotel has a shuttle for which one can sign up for round trip destinations within a six-mile radius. And there is a good restaurant on property--The Chalkboard. Overall, we loved this place, even if the staff could not seem to get all the room nights (four each) on my points account. I'll have to call about that.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Al H,

Thank you for visiting us at the Ambassador Hotel Tulsa and for sharing your feedback about your recent stay.

I am happy to hear your stay with us was more than satisfactory and that our staff treated you to an incredible experience. As you mentioned, our location is slightly outside of the downtown area but with our complimentary shuttle service, we are able to get all of our guests around town easily. I do apologize about the confusion regarding the Marriott Rewards points. If this is still not resolved, please contact me directly and I will be sure to take care of it.

Thank you again for your review and we sincerely hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to the Tulsa area.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

We have been visiting the Ambassador for several years. It is our first choice anytime we spend a night or two in Tulsa. The gem of a boutique hotel has it all together.

The location is very convenient, only a few blocks from downtown, with fast highway connections to the airport most often in very light traffic. The parking is steps away from the door and is free.

The rooms are spacious, freshly and well appointed, and immaculately clear. Cozy, comfortable beds.

The on-premises Chalkboard Restaurant is one of Tulsa's best. It's innovative and gourmet without crossing the line into the "odd." There is a nice bar with great choice of top shelf selections, including single barrel bourbons, rare Scotches, and Chimay Reserve trappist ale (my personal favorite.

Price? With senior discount and Marriott rewards upgrade, our spacious corner King was only $157! That is not a misprint. Luxury, boutique hotel that has it all.

Room tip: The corner rooms are our favorites, although in many stays, we've never had a "bad" room.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Paddock_rat,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us! We are always striving to provide an exceptional experience to all of our guests and it sounds like we were successful. I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of so many of our on-site amenities, most notably our Chalkboard Restaurant. Please know I will share your kind words with all of our staff and we sincerely hope to serve you again soon.