“Best Italian ever”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I run a small company in Boston and am constantly traveling (mostly on the east coast). My expectations when I dined out in Tulsa were little to none. Dalesandro's quickly changed that. The carpaccio was magnificent and the caesar salad matched it stride for stride (get the roasted red peppers on it). Then came the swordfish....Arguably the best dish I've ever had. The meal topped any Italian food I've had in New York, Providence, or Boston. The decor is sleak and yet cozy at the same time. I had a wonderful time and truly have something to look forward to if any future trips to Tulsa arise.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

My recent stay in Tulsa led me to treat my clients to this restaurant. Despite the rave review from the Courtyard hotel GM (sorry darling), not a good referral. The food was tasteless for the price, thank goodness for the wine. Next time, I'll try a real italian restaurant in south Tulsa near my hotel.

Reviewed 11 June 2011

This is our favorite restaurant. We've always had great service and great food. If you want authentic Italian, it's the place. Portions are huge, so you may want to share.

Reviewed 28 March 2011

Party of ten. Spent $600+. Would have expected better service. Were told when we all sat down that we had two hours to finish dinner, never heard of such a thing. Deposit required upon reservation, never heard of such a thing. Only salad option was some form of Caesar salad with vinaigrette, take it or not. Food was so so. Won't be back.

Reviewed 26 January 2011

A few caveats (1) this is not Americanized, it is authentic and the food is made from family recipes (2) it's a little pricey (entrees in the $15 range) (3) it's noisy, especially when full (which it usually is) (4) menu selection is fairly small - 4 or 5 pastas, 2 chicken dishes, 2 soups, a killer Caesar salad, and a couple of specials each night - and they sometimes sell out of the choice you wanted.
But.............it's really, really good if you weren't counting on Olive Garden's version of what Italian food can be ( Americanized/developed in a test kitchen in Minneapolis). The servers are long time employees who know their stuff. The noisy, boistrous atmosphere is the way this food (& wine) is meant to be experienced. If you've been to Southern Italy, you'll probably like this. If you like this, you probably should go to Southern Italy if you haven't already.

Been to Dalesandro's? Share your experiences!