“do not miss the flautas”
Review of El Guapo's Cantina

El Guapo's Cantina
Ranked #69 of 1,417 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2016

perfect margartias, great salsa & great service. love the cocktail menu, casual & fun. everything is delish plus a rooftop bar is excellent in autumn.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

I love coming to El Guapo with big groups, they are always very accommodating and the service is great no matter how large your table. They offer lots of great choices for lunch, dinner, and drinks. Mexican food in Tulsa is generally pretty good and this place lives up to that. I've never had a bad experience in 4 years living here.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

I have eaten at El Guapo in downtown Tulsa on a few occasions and have always been very happy with the service and food. However, this was not the case on a recent Friday night when we went for dinner after work. The appetizer was fine, but dinner left quite a bit to be desired. I had to send my meal back because it was served without chicken (kind of odd considering it's a chicken based dish). When a fresh meal was brought to the table, I was still quite disappointed in the amount of chicken and the overall taste of my meal. They were kind enough to comp our appetizer, but we will likely not eat here again. Service was somewhat slow and the restaurant was not busy for a Friday night in this city. My husband said his food was "good", but the leftovers mysteriously ended up in our trash a week later.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Salsa was really good and the buffet style meal wasn't bad either. Good beer selection too. The building is a fun atmosphere too.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

This restaurant sits in an area of downtown Tulsa known as the Blue Dome District which has a really great vibe and not to far from our hotel. The night we dined here they had closed down the side street that sits to the side of the restaurant for a really cool street party with live music. There was plenty of parking in a pay to park lot across the street. Would loved to have sat on the patio upstairs but it was a busy night and we opted to sit inside. Our waitress gave excellent, attentive service and great advice on menu selections. I ordered a Sangria from the bar and it was authentic (I've lived in Spain so I feel confident stating that it was one of the best I've ever had). Another plus was that each guest was given their own bowl of Salsa which was delicious. My son and I ordered the combo platter and chose cheese enchiladas, crunchy beef tacos, rice and re-fried beans. I loved it and my son declared it the best Mexican food he has ever had! That is a huge compliment because he does not care for this type of food. It looked like a fun bar scene and I will definitely return the next time I come to Tulsa

Been to El Guapo's Cantina? Share your experiences!