“Cheese enchiladas”

El Rancho Grande
Ranked #199 of 1,396 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

This place used to have an incredible all you can eat lunch buffet that featured cheese enchiladas, beef and chicken tacos made to order, rice, beans, and salad bar. Sadly that option is no longer available, but you can still order the cheese enchiladas off the menu. They are the best I’ve had. Try them today!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

My husband and I were making our second drive cross-country on Route 66, and, this time, we stopped in Tulsa for the night. El Rancho Grande was a delicous start to our trip! There's a lovely neon sign out front that just begs to be photographed. The staff is very friendly, and the food was amazing! I had the shrimp enchiladas and a margarita. Also, if you sign up on line for their club, you will get a free order of chips and queso upon your first visit. We took them up on this and enjoyed!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Their chicken enchilada's with cream sauce are to die for. Waiters keep the salsa and chips flowing and are attentive to your needs. There is a new area upstairs which I need to try on the next visit (Cantina). The outside patio is small with a few tables. If there's music at Soul City you would certainly be able to hear it outside,

Reviewed 3 September 2017

This review is for the newly opened El Rancho Grande Cantina which is located upstairs from the original restaurant. It is a stand-alone bar with a small outside deck. It is beautifully designed with reclaimed wood and Mexican tile. There is a separate room for large groups which can be shut off for private parties. There are 7 or so big screen TVs in the bar area and this bar has several large windows with views of the Tulsa skyline. We went on a Wednesday after work, around 5:15pm and we were the only customers in the bar for about 30 minutes. The waitress and bartender were very attentive and friendly. They have their own kitchen upstairs apart from the restaurant below but the menu is more bar fare. I don't believe you can order off the restaurant menu, which is a shame. No complimentary chips and salsa like you get in the restaurant. I had a draft Dos Equis ($6) and my wife had a margarita which she said was very good. I ordered the Layered Dip and chips and Chilaquiles. The chips come in a small sack for some reason and the dip, while a fairly large portion and very good to look at, came cold. The bowl it came in felt like it came straight out of a refrigerator. It had different cheeses, refried beans, guacamole and a sliced jalapeno. We ate four bites and decided to take it home and heat it up (In my opinion, it tasted much, much better). The Chilaquiles dish was pretty good. and included black beans and an egg. I would hope they post a menu on facebook but so far have been unable to find one. They don't have a website and aren't mentioned on the main site of El Rancho Grande. El Rancho Grande Cantina does have a Facebook page. I took a pic of the menu which I'll post here but it doesn't clearly show the whole menu. I believe the only access is by stairs, so it isn't accessible. They do have their own restrooms upstairs. All in all, it's a great addition to the restaurant. It would be a great place to watch a football game (or any other sport).

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

When I visited the restaurant it was in the evening hours of a week night. The restaurant was busy for the day and time, however we were greeted and seated promptly. The menu is very brief but included the usual Tex-Mex favorites. I decided on the enchilada pair with chicken and cheese sauce on top. I was shocked when the food came out and DID NOT include rice and beans. When I asked the waiter he said that would be an extra and an additional charge. Now I have ate at dozens of Mexican & Tex-Mex restarants and the entrees Always included rice and beans. What food I did receive was good, but without the other seemed overpriced.
The restaurant was clean, the wait staff nicely attired, and friendly. Parking is free but because of it's location they have only a small amount of spaces.
Overall I thought 4 stars is a generous rating given the cost for what you receive.

Been to El Rancho Grande? Share your experiences!