“Good for a quick trip”

Ranked #77 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Springdale
“Good for a quick trip”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Location: Convenient to main roads and eateries. Several other hotels are located in a cluster. This can be a negative as there was a lot of noise from all the fellow guests, not only from this hotel, but from the surrounding ones. (loud vehicle engines, slamming doors, voices…)

Outside: Average. We weren’t looking for immaculate clean. Trash and such left about, especially cigarette butts. Again, lots of other hotels and businesses nearby. Parking places are narrow.

Lobby: Appeared clean. Breakfast area was average. Not a large selection, basic. Waffle maker, two cereals, bagels, mini-coffee cakes and mini-muffins. There is a “pizza machine” in one corner of the lobby. We didn’t test it and didn’t watch anyone else do so either.

Pool area: We didn’t use the pool or the spa. The pool wasn’t much bigger than the spa.

Vending: There was one drink machine-various companies and a snack machine. We also noticed a coin operated washer and dryer

Hall: dark, narrow and SMOKEY. The bottom floor was non-smoking, save for the last few rooms on the far end of the hall. When we turned the corner from the lobby we were hit by the very strong smell of cigarette smoke, both stale and fresh. It was as if we just entered a casino. Walking down to our room I felt claustrophobic due to the narrowness of the space.

Room: Desk, side tables, small dresser, worn and some of the pulls were disattached. Bed was comfortable. Lighting was adequate. There was a small sitting area between the hall door and the bed area. There was one wingback chair and a floor lamp. Only one trashcan for the room, for the bathroom and the bed area.

Since we were on the ground floor, we had an additional door to the outside. This may have been part of the reason why the outside noises were so noticeable. This was a plus though for being able to unload/load the car. If you want quiet, you may have better luck on the second floor.

Internet: Wireless Internet was good. There was no code/password required to log on.

Heat/air: There seemed to be no happy medium . We tended to adjust it constantly

Bathroom: The jetted tub stopped up and would not drain. After turning it in to the front desk, it was fixed while we were out. We had to ask for more towels since they only left two of each. We did NOT try to jets. We took showers, only.

Cleanliness. We gave them a C- Although the carpet had been vacuumed, attention could have been paid more to the baseboard areas and close to the furniture. The area under the sink was obviously in need of a good mopping. The grout could have used a good scrubbing. The plate covering the tissue box was… yuck. Very dirty and dingy. Well, maybe a D+ on cleanliness.

Overall. It wasn’t too bad of a place to stay since all we did was sleep between our errands and shopping. I would not want to stay for an extended length of time as part of a vacation/pleasure trip. Price wise. I believe that it was a bit much for what we got.

Room Tip: If you want the convenience of being able to load/unload your car to the room, ask for a down stairs...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This was not as great of a deal as I thought I was getting. This place is in desparate need of remodeling and updating, or even repairing the current problems. I was staying in the Jacuzzi Room with 2 doubles. It was a fairly spacious room, but it was dark and grungy. The jacuzzi was actually just a jetted bathtub in the shower.. Not what I was thinking. It was big though. 2 people would fit comfortably. The carpet was dark blue, but could still see stains and burn marks. I was hoping because of spending a little more for the upgraded room, it would be better.. but I was unfortunately wrong. It really doesn't take much to impress me, but this hotel has got to be one of the worst for me...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I have stayed here for the second time, I have several training courses going on, close to the Super 8, I like the convenience of the resaurant, the breakfast and indoor pool and not forgetting the internet I can't stay off. Staff are great too, nice place.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Reviewed 27 March 2010

This hotel was just awful.
The desk clerk was watching TV in the lobby, and the first question out of his mouth was "how old are you?". Then he grilled me about who was staying with me, if I was having a party, etc. I was appalled. I don't party, do drugs, create loud noises, etc. I just wanted a room to sleep in. I was very angry at how I was treated by this front desk employee.
From the outside, the hotel looks really nice... the lobby looks great as well. However, the rooms and the hallways speak a different story.
It was a very dated room in disrepair. I felt like I was in the early 80's. Our TV (an old 20-something inch) didn't work at all. The toilet wouldn't stop running. We found burn holes in our "non-smoking" room. We found mysterious stains which appeared to be some sort of body fluid were found in random parts of the room.
We went down to the front desk to see if we could get a different room. He put us in a room with 2 double beds... Not a queen bed room... At least the TV/cable worked this time!
Paying $58.00 plus taxes, I expected a half-way decent room. I was dead wrong.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MJ1986
oklahoma
Reviewed 10 April 2009

This is a location that i would not recommand to any. My friends and I rented some rooms for a over night stay. The tubs were dirty and when I asked for them to be cleaned, the front desk said that they had no one to clean it. We had a smoking room but no ash trays were in it. The AC came on but did not cool the room down. We had light bulbs missing from the lamps. The hot tube was broken (which the adults were looking forward to sitting in while the kids played in the pool), the pool is very small.
We order two of the same style of rooms and they were two different styles.
There are no screens on the windows for safety or for being able to open for cool air with out letting bugs in.
The next morning when we went down for our breakfast we started fixing the food and one of the workers came and started putting things up with out asking if we were done or if we needed anything else before removing anything. That was rude! When the complaints were given at the front desk, there were no offers made to make us a happy customer.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business