“Hotel, okay but don't rely on a regular shuttle to the airport”

Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center
Ranked #31 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 11 November 2011

The hotel is nice. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was sad, with really ordinary limited choices, I'd recommend skipping it. And my only real complaint is that there is no regular shuttle to the airport. I had to wait 45 minutes for a shuttle when I was ready to go and anxious to be on my way.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank betterbeagle

Reviewed 27 October 2011

On the edge of downtown but convenient. Upon first arriving, I thought I might have made a mistake choosing this property. The exterior looked old & nondescript. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find the lobby was very nice. This hotel has been refurbished & the rooms are small but very nice & clean. The flat screen tv was a plus as well as the Bath & Body works products. The furnishings are contemporary & the bed was really comfortable. Nice indoor pool area on second floor. We were not charged for parking in underground garage. Nice bar/restaurant with outdoor patio. We were in town to attend Oktoberfest & the complimentary shuttle drove us & picked us up which worked out great for our group.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ksp51
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Have stayed two times at this hotel. As a Holiday Inn PriorityClub member I would say it's not one of the better choices within PriorityClub offerings in Tulsa. However, for a downtown Tulsa hotel, it may be one of your better choices for the $$. I wasn't asking for much when I checked in, or at the bar, and I didn't get much in the way of great service. One of those hotels it's clear has some opening pains.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Located in the heart of downtown Tulsa. Parking is $7 flat fee for underground garage parking where the elevator takes you directly to your floor. This was very convenient. We were only steps from our car. The room was clean and comfortable. Nice flat screen TV. Cooling worked well. The bathroom is very small, but probably the norm for an older refurbished hotel of this type. It has a regular tub/shower and products from Bath and Body works. The restaurant/bar in the hotel was pleasant and reasonably priced. They even have an outdoor seating area. You are also just blocks from the popular "Blue Dome Area" which offers a nice variety of restaurants and bars.
Only problem we had was that our phone didn't work to call the front desk or housekeeping. Not resolved, but we were only there for one night and really didn't pursue it. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank travelite24
Reviewed 28 September 2011

The hotel has a pretty nice look but there was a lot to be desired concerning the staff, from the maid service to the restaurant. It seemed as if all the staff had the same half glass full mentality and did as little as possible. If you enjoy clean sheets daily, your trash emptied and your towels being replaced without having to ask, then this is NOT the place for you. My friend came back to her room and nothing had been touched. It was close to 2 pm in the afternoon and the maid had already been to the floor in the morning (we came back from breakfast to see her on the hotel floor and in my room). Since we already knew she'd been there, a call was placed for all the things missing - clean towels, plastic cups, emptied trash. The person did not deliver anything other than the toothbrushes she needed for her kids and she was told that sometimes the floors are split between people and her room probably hadn't been done yet. Well, there are only about 10 or less rooms per floor and seeing that my room was barely touched I knew that this was not the truth and her room just was not serviced. We ended up taking out the trash ourselves! My bathroom was not swept and the bed that was not slept in actually had crumbs on the sheets under the pillows (I stayed in a double room by myself). Who knows when those beds were last changed!?!

The restaurant downstairs offers good food but the service leaves sooooo much to be desired. The first evening we did receive good service but the next two mornings and lunch was horrible. The two waitresses acted like it killed them to bring water to the table, to set the tables with silverware and leave straws when asked (the kids snuck behind the bar to get silverware she would not bring). I would not recommend this hotel based soley on the customer service aspect. I've never been to an establishment where 9 out of 10 employees shared the same dismal work ethic. I was so disgusted with the service in the restaurant I refused to attend breakfast with my friend and her family on the last day of our stay. I chose and reserved this hotel and I left pretty embarrased that I brought them there to be treated this way.

I stayed at the hotel during the Tulsa Film Festival only because the Hyatt's swimming pool was being serviced and the kids wanted to swim. I must say that the swimming pool was a good experience but I will not stay at this hotel again unless I choose to be treated like trash!

Room Tip: Maybe chosing a room on the lower floors will help get you complete maid service?!?