“The BEST veggie puffy taco!!!”

Elote Cafe & Catering
Ranked #85 of 1,398 Restaurants in Tulsa
Price range: USD 3 - USD 13
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Their veggie puffy taco with black beans and sweet potatoes is so delicious! You can get veggie or chicken puffy tacos on Wednesdays​ for just $2 apiece! I had 3 tacos, all the yummy chips and salsa I wanted plus their Farmer's Market margarita for just $15. Really friendly staff and great food and drinks!

Reviewed 4 May 2017

This is one of my favorite Tulsa Mexican places. Make sure to try the Puffy Taco's, they are amazing. On the weekends they feature Lucha Libre (Mexican wrestling) which is super fun for the kids. Great food, great drinks, great service, and entertainment. What more can you ask for?

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Wish I had taken a photo of my meal to add but it was so quickly devoured I didn't have time to think! I loved it and plan to come back any time we are in town. Be sure to get the puffy tacos and their spicy margarita (caliente)!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Being gluten free I always hear "you can have a salad" So tired of salads but their Get Yo Greens salad is AMAZING. I could have licked the plate. I really thought about it. So many choices and the staff was super friendly and knowledgeable. We had nachos that we fought over and my kids loved the tacos. If I lived nearby I would be here everyday. I only wish we had know about the luchador matches. I might have scheduled our road trip to see them. The place is just so happy and vibrant. I can't say enough good things. Definitely will find a way to return

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

There are few dining options in downtown Tulsa, especially on weekends. Elote is one of the few options, and a good one.

The restaurant is much bigger than it appears from the street; it goes back a good way in a maze of rooms. Decor can best be described as dive. Unfinished concrete floors, low ceilings, pealing paint, etc.

Complimentary salsa is freshly made but not spicy enough for this Texan's taste. We also had an order of queso that was very different from the typical Tex-Mex queso. My son said it was made with cream cheese. I didn't much care for it but my wife and son did.

I had a burrito with pork. The pork is sublime; tender and flavorful. Several dishes can be ordered with the pork filling. Order one. Sides go way beyond the typical Tex-Mex rice and beans. I had sweet potatoes and black beans which were both good. Two sides come with the entrees.

Service was indifferent. We did not fit in with the tatted and pierced crowd and it felt like they put us at a hidden table to avoid having us steal the vibe. Because we were hidden it was easy for our waiter to forget about us.

Still, the pork makes it worthwhile.

Been to Elote Cafe & Catering? Share your experiences!