“New management ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Talihina
Kiamichi Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Talihina B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

I think this place is now owned and operated by the Rockin H folks.
I made reservations for Rm 16 with Rockin H for a late arrival BUT when I arrived at 10pm I could not find room 16 , only rooms 1-10 there, so I called and was told to go a few blocks away to the old Kiamichi They hadn't yet changed the sign. Rooms 11 to 30 were there. ACTUALLY like the rooms better at Kiamichi. Seem to be newly renovated
Nice real wood floors. Fresh paint and nice decor. Firm mattress. Clean nice and comfy. Just a few blocks from the center of Talihina (the traffic light)
The staff is very friendly.seems to be a family run hotel.
Will gladly return. $55/nite for single
Not much in the way of amenitoes.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 April 2016

My stay was April 2016 - the owner was very friendly and accommodating. There is no rude or hostile person here - the old TripAdvisor reviews must have been for the prior owners. This guy was super nice and friendly. He owns the Rockin H Inn also, and was willing to put me at either motel I preferred. Kiamichi is right in town so I chose this location.

The good:
Clean towels, clean sheets, decent WiFi, friendly owners and helpful, offered to let me park my motorcycle under the front awning since it was supposed to rain. Room rate was very affordable, and the accommodations are fine for the budget rate.

The bad:
Not really anything bad, but the hotel is dated. Parking lot is basically gravel, the fixtures, doors, sink, etc are quite old, and a tad worn, but at this price, who can complain?

Overall, this is a fine motel for the price.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank ryandee2016
Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

1st off the lady at the office was extremely rude and hateful. Idk what we did. Maybe that's just her personality. Horrible customer service. To check in you have to go to a room and knock on the door to get her lazy butt to come to the office. Which she seemed very put out she had to leave her room to walk 20 ft. So when we get our room at 1st we thought ok and we calmed down from being angry with the rude lady. But then we start getting settled in and I had to go to the restroom. It was so disgusting. It literally looked like a greasy auto guy walked in the bathroom and put his hands on everything the bathtub looked like they took it from a very old condemned house and it looked like someone spilled koolaid or some kind of red drink and it splattered in the door frame. There was even dirt marks on the shower walls. I felt like I need to shower after I had showered. It honestly looks like they made our bed and took the trash out and thats all the cleaning they did before they gave us that room. Then as I look through the rest of the room I see patching which seriously looked like they took cloth and glued it to the walls then painted over it. So then the next a.m. it's about 9:15. Check out isn't until 11 well the cleaning lady comes and knocks on the door so when I open it she says oh I'm sorry I didn't know you were here. Well I haven't turned in my keys so yeah I'm still there and I esp don't want you cleaning my room while my stuff is still in it. So then at 10:40 the rude lady from the office decided to call us and say reminder check out is it at 11. We still have 20 min you can clearly see we are loading up my car to leave! On top of all this they say they have in room coffee uh wrong you have to go get the lady off her butt from a room and have her go open the office, which office hrs are stated on the door but, she is never in there, just to get some coffee. She also gave us the WiFi password and then the WiFi doesn't even work! We spent $70 on a room that was worth about $30. If we spent $30 on this room this review wouldn't even have happened bc I got what I paid for. From now on when all the other hotels are booked in that town I will bring a tent and sleep in it before I go there again!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mandie V
Reviewed 23 April 2015 via mobile

Very nice people and family friendly. Rooms were clean and tidy, owners ensured we had everything we needed for our stay and recommended places to see,visit and eat.I read the reviews on here, but we experienced nothing of the sort. Everyone there was very friendly.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Ladymoonowl
Reviewed 3 November 2014

Hostile manager, poor service. No ice, no wifii although this is advertised as something provided with the room. Had to stay in a smoking room although there were other rooms available. Old and dark rooms. I will never stay there again; try the Black Rock Roost Cabins; less expensive, nicer rooms, friendly service.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Jeffrey R

Been to Kiamichi Country Inn? Share your experiences!