“Great Quiet Location with easy highway access”

TownePlace Suites Tulsa North/Owasso
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Owasso
Gretna, Nebraska
“Great Quiet Location with easy highway access”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

we had a fantastic stay over st pats weekend, staff was helpful and the food was very good

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Coach H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bandera, Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2012

While visiting family in the Tulsa area, we stayed at the TownePlace Suites in this location. Very conveniently located for our visit, and was a very pleasant place to stay. We were only there for two nights, but will absolutely stay there next time we visit for a week or so, as we generally do a couple of times a year. We had a studio and were very comfortable in it. The staff was very lovely and accommodating and one of the managers showed us what a one bedroom suite is like when we were discussing coming back in the fall for a week. My husband and I are pretty simpatico, so I think the studio would be fine for us for a week as there is alot of room with a little kitchenette, etc. But others might want the one bedroom - which has tons of space - for an extended stay.
The place is pretty much brand new - and very clean and lovely surroundings. I could move in permanently!!! :)))
Breakfast area is bright and cheerful and the food is great - good options for all.

Room Tip: Every room would be super as far as I can tell!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RubySlipper52
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We have visited Owasso before, but never stayed at this hotel. We chose the Towneplace Suites mainly because they accept pets & have a variety of suites. What they don't tell you online is that if you want to bring your pet, you will be secluded to the 1st floor & you really don't have a choice of rooms. There is a non-refundable $100 pet charge & if you happen to have a party of any kind in the rooms, you will also be charged $100.

We stayed in a King studio suite, which was nice enough. There were some rips in the carpet, where I suppose other dogs destroyed it. The paint & accommodations were fairly nice, but there were cobwebs on every wall near the ceiling. It is advertised that every room has a window that opens, but you aren't really able to open the bottom floor windows more than a few inches. They also didn't empty the trash everyday. We stayed 3 nights & they never changed the sheets, either.

My mine gripe with this hotel is customer service, or lack thereof. My card was charged incorrectly, then another card was charged. While the attendant was pleasant, she needed to be more thoroughly trained. She ended up charging me an additional $130, which I was told wasn't actually charged. It has been 5 days since, and the charge is still pending in my bank account. However, the staff & aloof GM don't seem to believe there is an issue. When I called Marriott's corporate number, they just rerouted me to the GM. I am basically out of pocket until the pending charge is resolved, but this entire situation could have been avoided if the person at the counter had tendered the cards correctly. The GM wasn't the only person with poor customer service skills, as I dealt with several people. Everyone seemed to take the stance "it's not my fault." I was never apologized to by anyone on staff, nor did anyone try & make it right. Not only will we never stay at this hotel again, but we will avoid Marriott all together. You have a choice in who you give your hard earned money to, don't give it to Marriott, because they obviously don't care about you.

Room Tip: The price is really the same from Marriott's website to the other "discount" sites, so...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This is the best hotel I've ever stayed in. I liked it so much that I will go out of my way to find a Mariott now. Everything about it was excellent. The location is perfect with easy access to the highway and still no noise. The people at the front desk were amazing, and I can't say enough about the quality of sleep I got. I came home and bought some of the pillows off the website. All the way around, an amazing experience. I won't stay anywhere but Mariott now because of how much I enjoyed my stay at this location. The 2 bedroom suite was a great price and we had plenty of room to spread out and relax. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Stayed 6 weeks in this place - the people are nice but the service is aweful! In 6 weeks they vacuumed my room once. One day I came in and the kitchen sink was running wide open another day the bed was half made up. Then they want to charge me an extra cleaning fee after I checked out! Watch these people - they will charge you for anything. The color scheme of the room is Gaudy!! Orange carpet makes you dizzy! Poor for a Marriott hotel. The grounds are right next to a Lake - that STINKS!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owasso
0.8 km away
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Owasso
24.2 km away
Wingate By Wyndham Tulsa

Been to TownePlace Suites Tulsa North/Owasso? Share your experiences!