“#1 COULD NOT FIND LOCATION AND GUY AT FRONT DESK WOULD NOT HELP WITH DIRECTIONS. THEY DID LET ME PAY TEN DOLLARS EXTRA”

Magnuson Hotel Oklahoma City South
Ranked #113 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 22 April 2016

There were no amenities. My wife booked this threw Expedia, as she was told the Days Inn was full. This was a nightmare to find. The booking was no refundable. I slept on top of the bed. Room frightening.

Room Tip: The will allow dogs.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Magnuson Hotel Oklahoma City South

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

My 7 yr old daughter attempted to buy a pack of gum for .35 cents, she just had 40 pennies left in her pocketbook.

The lady refused to take the pennies stating that she can only put money in using nickels or dimes.

I had to make a scene infront of the breakfast crowd just to get this person to take the loose change. 35 cents, that is increments of 5 and 10. SHEESH, anything to get out of good customer service.

Other than this incedent, the stay was acceptable, the same person told us nonsmoking room, but checked us into smoking.

Perhaps just this one rude person is the only real holdback.

Breakfast was fair, not the best, but fair.

Begged for extra towels since we have 6 registered guests, but still no towles.

Bring plenty of towles and clean sheets and you will have a nice stay.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2015

I stayed here for 4 nights during a business trip to Oklahoma City and liked the location of the hotel very much. It's right off of the highway which leads to easy access to my work location in down town okc. The front desk lady was very helpful and gave me extra towels when I asked. The restaurants close by were great. The room was newly renovated and comfortable. The breakfast was decent: normal hotel experience.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2015

I should start by saying I've NEVER felt compelled to review a hotel until now.
This is now called the Magnuson, which brings me to my first point.
I reserved this for a business trip for one night, but through my agent it was still called the Ramada. After driving around for a while trying to find it, I got a call from my agent letting me know the new name. Fair enough, not a big deal.
So I arrived at the front desk (by the way, the lady at the front desk tried to be very helpful). and I explained to her the situation, and after about 20 minutes with the system not recognizing my info, and explaining that I had requested a non-smoking single room, I was checked in to the last remaining non-smoking room.
Entering my room, I noticed that the clock was flashing, so I went to adjust the time. I then turned on the desk lamp, and it kept flickering off and on, and the clock kept resetting. I looked at the outlet they were plugged into, and found not only that 3 items were plugged into an extension, but that with the slightest nudge, it shorted on and off. I unplugged everything from that outlet, then went to lock the door. The deadbolt would not engage and did not match up with the wall. I set the chain lock, then noticed that there was a door connecting to the next room; it had no lock, but was blocked partially by the TV stand.
By this time, I was ready to just check my e-mail, take a shower, and go to bed, and since I had already changed rooms once, I had no faith that a different room would be any better. As I headed to the bathroom, I saw the walk in fridge, and noticed it had several dents in the door, as if someone had kicked it. I also noticed a baby cockroach on the wall above it (which when I went to trap it, it turned out to be dead)..
If I hadn't already paid for the room and been set to get ready for bed, I would have bailed. I'm sort of glad that I did stay on longer, because there was so much more to be found with this room to discuss.
As I entered the bathroom area, I saw cigarette burns on nearly every surface; counters, sink, tub, toilet seat, even the mirror (again, non-smoking room). I turned on the hot water on in the sink to get ready to shave, and the hot water never came. What did come up was the level of the water in the sink. It was completely clogged. I let it run for a good 2 or 3 minutes to see if it would warm up and start draining. Nope. After about 2 hours, it still hadn't begun to drain.
I felt like I deserved at least a partial refund, and that everyone should know about the conditions here, so I checked a little deeper into the conditions of my room before I left. Here's what I found (I'm not an inspector or anything, but I hope an inspector checks this out):

Ill-working plumbing (No hot water, clogged drains)
Paint in the shower/bath tub (Splotches all over)
Trash under furniture (Every single piece of furniture had trash under it)
Nails coming out of carpet attached to the walls (In at least 3 places)
Electrical outlets with no covers/overused outlets/extension cords (All of them)
Crumbs on hideaway couch (Dorito or some sort of chips, crumbs all over)

There are probably a lot more things wrong here, this is just based on what I saw. If I ever have business in OKC again, I will NOT be staying here.

Room Tip: Only good tip is not only to not stay here, but to warn others.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank 531dudleythecat
Reviewed 15 December 2014

Decent Hotel, would be better if the Bar and Grill served food.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada