All reviews newer property a hilton honors member other hotels outlet mall great hotel great pool definitely stay here again front desk person very clean hotel meeting room business trip breakfast area hot tub comfortable room excellent stay indoor pool easy access
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I'm a Gold member and I booked a room for my husband using points since he worked late and we live in Texas. I put his name on the reservation as a guest like I've ALWAYS have done and put notes on the reservation regarding which card to use for incidentals. He arrived a little after 11 PM and the clerk at the front desk spent the next 45 minutes arguing with him refusing to let him check in. She told him that I had to be there to check in which is a complete lie because I've booked rooms for other family members the same way and it has NEVER been a problem until we did business with this hotel. After almost an hour of dealing with this woman my husband calls me to explain. I call the hotel and she tells me that she can call her manager to get it approved "this one time." Newsflash: you're not doing us a favor!!! We normally don't even stay at Hampton Inns because it's the lowest brand on the Hilton chain in my opinion. I could not believe the treatment by this employee. A total slap in the face to a honors member who has spent THOUSANDS of dollars with this brand. Shameful.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Denise-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear schenelpatterson,

Our apologies for the frustration your husband experienced. Please have him contact us directly if further assistance is needed. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Great Place to stay. This trip was wonderful with the hotel and staff at this location was wonderful. The check in was easy and so was the check out. This Hotel seems like it updated recently. They also have a really nice place to eat across the street.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Thank B. F
Reviewed 23 September 2018

18 day stay - business related (was originally only going to be a 10 day stay).. Even though this property is not technically a "extended stay" property - it more than met my needs for the 18 day stint.

STAFF: They will know who wrote this review - because they engaged with me each-and-every opportunity.....they didn't just stand behind the counter and ignore guests....they engaged me every time (and I enjoyed that element of the Hilton customer facing process). And, their professionalism - DAILY - with not just me - but I witnessed each of them go out of their way for ALL of the guests. The front desk staff definitely seems to enjoy their positions (or they are GREAT actors if they are faking it). Saul, Michael and Edna saw me nearly every day they worked - for the 18 day period (Michael....we are friends, even though I said we weren't that one time at the counter....I was trying to be funny and the joke went badly). Also, Valeria, Pedro, Marketta, Christian and William were always (always) knowledgeable and engaging.....which only enhanced the extended stay. Since my stay was extended, I had to have my meds mailed to me - so that I didn't run out - and the front-end staff ensured that the package was received - and marked for me (with a nice note) so that it would not be lost behind the desk. When they bought Pizza, they would offer me the chance to "get a slice" (I still owe Michael a Pizza....next trip).

LOCATION: Newer property - near a view other hotels - with easy access to I-40 and pretty much anything you need in OKC area. Plenty (plenty) of places to dine around the hotel area.....and for the runners (I am a runner) - the OK River Trail starts....right behind the hotel - and you can literally get your 20-mile Sunday long run in - on the trail - by just walking outside the back door of the property.

ROOM: I was fortunate that when I checked in - the staff that I mentioned above, recognized my HH status - and offered me an upgrade - to the King RM with a sofa bed and the big desk (which was perfect for my trip) and the small fridge and m/wave. Again, not a extended stay full kitchen - but I was able to cram drinks and food into the fridge. Hot water took a bit - but it was HOT - and pressure was fine. Bed was extremely comfortable - and a TON-OF-TV-STATIONS!!! Some hotels nowadays are only offering a handful of channels - and leave out some of the better selections. Not this property -- TON-O-CHANNELS!!

BREAKFAST: There is a breakfast - and it is a very good "Hampton" breakfast (plenty of food, and typical Hilton fare).....and never to busy and staff kept up with the demand.

Now, for the not-so-good that actually dropped the property from 5 to 4 - hate to do it - but I travel, a lot (look at my profile) - and this property is right at 4.99999999 - - but they need to fix the following couple of defects - and you are 5-star.

ELEVATORS (or HELL-AVATORS): By far, the slowest elevators in the Hilton chain. Terrible. And, the sensor at the 1st floor level needs to be adjusted (the other floors...the doors open just fine as soon as the elevator cab arrives, but the problem is with the 1st floor). I brought this up on Day 1 - and no elevator tech was brought out during my stay (the Hotel Engineer "checked on the problem" but the problem is definitely beyond the scope of responsibility of in-house Engineers). Manager needs to call thyssenkrupp (spend the money...lol) - and have a tech come out and adjust the cab floor sensor for the ground floor. When the cab settles at the ground floor (in both elevators), it takes 12secs each time for the doors to open. Might not sound like a big deal - but it is. Also, have the tech increase the cab speed......I could literally have my 90yo grandmother walk backwards, blindfolded, up the stairs and she would arrive at the 5th floor before I would in the hellavator. I got to know a lot of great people staying at the property, because we spent so much time in the Hellavators. Ok, enough about that.....(but please put in the service call).

WIFI Sign On: Some properties have you sign in, once - and the in-house internet is good until you check out (by placing your room number and name on the initial login, it ties it to your stay - and automatically stops on the day you check out). But, here (and some other Hilton properties) you have to log in, every-24-hours!! Get with the tech team......and at least have a drop down option to "buy" the free internet for at least 72 hours (if not the entire stay) - as it is extremely annoying to have to log in every-single-day.

LAUNDRY: Convert a mech room or closet - or something - into a guest laundry. I know, I know - this is not a extended stay hotel - but, even other non-extended stay hotels have a guest laundry. While this property does offer the ability to use the Hilton Home Hotel next door - it is a pain to walk back-n-forth from property to property to do laundry.

OUTDOOR SEATING: There is nowhere to sit, outside at this property (even though there is a nice covered area, out the back door - there are no chairs). Now, the public path next to the river is close - and there are benches there - but there are some homeless folks that make those benches their sleeping quarters in the evening (when it is nice to sit outside). Again, I was told I could use the outside BBQ porch area at the property next door....butttttt, I should be able to sit outside - at the property I am staying at (esp since you have that nice covered area).

Soooooo, a long review - I know. But, long stay=long review. I was very very happy with my long stay - and the staff, the comfort of the room and the location will definitely bring me back (plus I have to come back to see the speedy elevator improvements....and to get Pizza for the crew). If you are considering a stay in OKC area - look no further than Hampton OKC Airport - - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2018

The arrival process was quick and efficient. The staff were friendly and helpful. They got us the extra towels we always need. It was a 2-night stay, and this property is our go-to place in Oklahoma City. It is located right next to the major crosstown artery and close to the airport. The beds are the best and the King Studio room was most spacious and comfortable. Absolutely no problems!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018

This hotel was very clean and the staff was very courteous. Great amenities and even had disposable ear buds in the weight room. We will definitely want to stay here again in the future. We travel a lot for baseball and this place is our new fave!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family