All reviewsthe crowne plazaan older propertybed was comfortableroom raterestaurants and shoppingking roomihg
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Management and front desk definitely not helpful. Friday we had no problems but Saturday our card key kept messing up. Apparently so was everyone else's because the line downstairs was extremely long all day with people getting it fixed. We got frustrated because Saturday manager didn't care, she was more worried about sitting in the bar area talking and only leaving one person up front. We had a game to be at and being on the 8th floor was horrible since we had to keep going downstairs to get a new card. The evening front desk guy was so rude about the situation and told us well it's not like your paying me so take it up with corporate. We will never give this place business again and neither will the 5 other couples that went with us.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
1  Thank sriver758305
Cyndi L, General Manager at Wyndham Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Please accept our apologies for your experience. I assure you that this is not how our team members are trained to respond to guest issues. We will address this immediately to insure it does not occur in the future,

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

If you use a 3rd party hotel app know this hotel does have a pool but it is in fact closed until summer. Unfortunately many of the listings have this hotel with a pool but then misrepresent the hotel by removing the outside pool picture that they have on their own site. Possibly a 3rd party hotel apps problem too.
However, good luck getting this reservation cancelled. They answered “hello, let me check”. 30 minutes later on hold without the front desk once picking back up.
Then they want to fight with you about booking a hotel with a pool. Are you kidding. You have a pool but it’s not functioning at the moment so just process a refund. It’s insane the level of their incompetence at this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience, We will get with our 3rd party reservation sites to ensure the information on the property is accurate.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

If I could rate it lower than 1-Star, I would.

We reserved a room with double beds for the three of us. We get to the hotel. Get our key. Go up to the room in the smallest elevators that you will ride in. Guaranteed. In the room is a king size bed. Mind you, the room is a handicapped-accessible room and should be reserved for those who are differently abled.

We go back downstairs to get our room straightened out. We are told that they are full and can’t change the room and since it was reserved online, we can’t get a refund either. We decided to stay, since we are in town for my father’s lung transplant at the hospital across the street and we haven’t slept in 48 hours.

We get into the room and the door deadbolt will not lock. So the room was only secured with the slide bars and not with the lock itself. Oh it gets better...

There is no cold water in the shower or the sink. Only scalding hot water that you cannot stand under or even wash your hands in. We hadn’t had a shower for two days after being in the hospital and had to stand outside the shower with a wash cloth and then wait 10 seconds for it to cool down before wetting our bodies with it. Repeat the process for all of the parts of your body. Once you finish, the bathroom is a sauna. There’s a cloud of steam throughout.

I’m also 6’2” and my head cleared the ceiling and lights in the hallways by less than two inches. If you are taller than me, you won’t be able to walk down the hallways.

The housekeeping lady was knocking on the door at 8:45am to begin cleaning.

This entire stay was an absolute disaster and we will NEVER return. I pray that you heed our advice and find any of the other number of hotels in the immediate area. There are lots. This isn’t one of them.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank okprepguru

Please accept our apologies for your unsatisfying stay with us. This is not the normal experience for out guests. And, needless to say unacceptable. Please reach out directly if there is anything we can do to make amends to you and your family during what I'm sure was a very difficult time.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

The review will be what they are, but I am speaking from my own experience. This hotel has some of the better customer service and the management team strives to treat everyone the same. My experience was a challenge, but the management team made everything within their means and made my stay worth an excellent rating. I commend Joi Johnson, Shaun Lawson, Cindi Lundy, the Chef and barstaff and a few others with making my stay exceptional. I have nothing negative or bad to say. A few guests may have had issues brought with them, but the hotel does a great job in making things work. Pastor Joan Thomas

Room Tip: I recommend the 9th floor, or the lowest floor to avoid any scents that may rise or to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

As soon as my boyfriend and I arrived, the check in line was about 8 people deep. That’s totally fine but only one girl was checking us in. A gentlemen came from the back, helped a couple people and then left again. Almost everything he was doing he sent over to the young lady and piled everything on her. You could easily see that she was very irritated and relaying that on her customers. She was rude and short on the phone with customers that called, she wasn’t the most pleasant person to deal with in person either. The group of guys checking in in front of us had to book a whole other room because online they chose 4 occupants and all of a sudden the max was 2 per room. I honestly would’ve went to a different hotel. Next disaster, we get upstairs everything is fine and then we discover the toilet will not flush. We say screw it and deal with it when we get back from dinner. We go to eat dinner (lots to do around the hotel), get back and now our key doesn’t work. I only grabbed one, assuming it would work but no. Downstairs we go. The line was almost double what it was before. About 30 min pass and we get a new key. Great. Next day we get back from a wedding and THAT key doesn’t work. (Should’ve learned my lesson to bring both keys but I also expected them to work the second time around) back downstairs we go. We also see that our water glasses were not replaced, face towels were not replaced and coffee mug was not replaced. So if you like drinking from dirty glasses/sharing one glass or mug all weekend go for it. I also noticed when we got there that one of our towels had some blood stains on it. That kind of irked me. Overall not the best experience based on customer service, cleanliness, and comfort but it was a very good location and decent for the price I suppose. Won’t be staying here again though.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Please accept our apologies for your experience. We will share your comments with the appropriate team members to insure that this does not occur in the future.