All reviews an overnight stay definitely stay here again waffles tx maintenance freeway
Reviewed 2 August 2018

My best friend booked this hotel. I had no input in the decision. We got there Friday night, checked into the room, I immediately start checking the beds (i.e. for bed bugs and cleanliness, I do this everywhere I stay.) We had two double beds. Both beds for the mattress cover that zips around the mattress, had stains on them. One of the stains looked liked coffee, but the other stain up at the head of the bed looked as if it might of been dried blood. No signs of bed bugs. Thankfully. One of sheets had a couple stains on them also. I went to the front desk and complained about the stains. The lady asked me if I wanted a different room. I said that would be fine, I would check those beds also. She got us into a different room, I immediately started checking the bed it was better but not perfect, (my friend was agitated at me). The lady told me that they only change the mattress cover every few days, but the sheets everyday. I told her that the mattress cover needs to be changed also, and if there are any signs of stains they need to be thrown out. Do not think she agreed. I told her that was gross. I do not want to be sleeping on other people's stains. The room seemed clean, but still, stains on sheets and mattress covers? She even told me that is why they put 3 layers of sheets on the bed. They had the cover for the mattress, that zips around the mattress, another mattress cover, the bottom sheet that was not a fitted sheet, a flat sheet and 2 other blankets to cover up with. My friend was agitated I was arguing with the lady about the cleanliness and the lady asked me if it was fine, I wanted to leave, my friend said it's fine, so I shut up. Now for the bathroom. You had to hold the handle down on the toilet until it flushed completely. The bathtub had dark stains on the floor of it. The tub surround wall had a few spots on it, from lack of cleaning it good. The corner of the bathroom was not cleaned good, dead bug and some dirt. One of the mirrors had spots on it. On Saturday, the sheets got changed out. We had pulled up when the maid was in there cleaning and told her that we would be staying another night. We were not given any clean towels or more coffee cups. We had to go to the front desk for those both Saturday and Sunday. We stayed through Monday. When we first checked in we were told that the ice machine right outside our room was not working and the closet ice machine was across the parking lot at the hotel across from us, it was the same owner. It would not of been a long walk, we didn't ice. But still.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 6 July 2018

I booked this hotel because it was economical and so close to Frontier City I could walk. I knew it was not the ritz and wasn't expecting such. Despite the seemingly sketchy location, My friends and I (along with my 10 year old son) felt safe. The room was clean and the staff I encountered, a young woman that checked up in Sunday afternoon and a gentleman who was there that evening and checked up out Monday Morning were both suprisingly friendly and helpful/ Often places like this that are lower priced and not well located have staff that just barely seem to notice you.

However, my good feeling about this place was all but wiped out just now when I called to request a copy of my bill so I can be reimbursed. The very rude man (whom I am assuming is the owner) that answered the phone refused to send me a copy of my bill stating he had "no idea who I was" I asked if I could verify all my information including my credit card used to pay and he still refused. RUDLEY. I have almost 18 years of experience in the hotel industry from basic hotels like the Quality Inn to high end Luxury hotels in Florida, and Oregon. I have NEVER once been in a situation where any property I worked for refused to send a bill and have never had one act this way towards me. It is simply laziness that would cause someone to do this. If I can quote you all my information, times I checked in and out, my credit card number and car information PLUS my email matches the one I used to make the reservation why would you ever refuse to send a copy of the invoice. This may seem like a small thing but for business travelers this is a HUGE deal.

Shame on you Mr. Whoever you are that was working at 3:01pm on Thursday July 5. Your property doesn't have much going for it other than your customer service and your unhelpful rudeness will be what I remember down the line much more than those that actually seemed to care about the people that stayed at the hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 14 June 2018

The best Super 8 I've ever stayed at. Friendly staff. I love this hotel. I recommend it to all my friends when they're planning an extended stay or even just an overnight stay in OKC/Edmond. I won't stay any other place when in OKC!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

The room was as expected. You get what you pay for. The night manager was a young guy and very nice and polite. I got in late and was planning on heading out around 10 AM. I got out of the shower at 10 AM and the area was getting blasted by a huge thunderstorm with hail, 60 mph wind, torrential rain and severe lightning. The parking lot where my pickup was parked had about 4” of standing water so I was trying to wait the storm out as it was starting to dissipate by about 10:55. At 11 AM sharp I get a call from the old man manager saying I had to leave right now so housekeeping could clean my room. Well number one I told him housekeeping wasn’t even to the second floor yet and I was standing by my door packed and ready waiting for the parking lot to drain. Lightning was still cracking all around and he’s telling me I have to go walk through water. Lmao. Not happening. About 11:10 the lightning has moved away a few miles and the water in the parking lot was down enough so I could get to my truck. I stopped at the front desk and asked if he was the person demanding people walk through a flooded parking lot while there is a Major Thunderstorm happening and he said yes “ everyone has to be out at 11 sharp”. I told him his Number One Priority is guest safety and he said I don’t give a S—t about that. I did lose my cool and yell at him but I believe it was well deserved.

Bottom line is he has NO business being in a service industry position.

BTW it rained 4.5” in the hour I was trying to leave.

Date of stay: June 2018