“Good although not good value, you pay for the ambience”

Benvenutis Restaurante
Reserve with OpenTable
Benvenutis Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 361 Restaurants in Norman
Price range: USD 18 - USD 60
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: James Garner
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Having been to Italy I have to agree that the food while "Italian" is not nearly as good as what you get in Italy. The atmosphere is very nice given the dim lights and the nice decor. Service is pretty good although at times it felt like there was a bit of pressure to order more cocktails or drinks. The prices are fairly high for many of the menu items. I had the pizza and the tiramisu and they were both good. The pizzas are not expensive for the ingredients and size. Desserts are pretty expensive and while the Tiramisu was good, it was not the best I have ever had in the US. A large selection of alcoholic drinks and cocktails, actually much larger than their food menu.

Nice ambience, not a ver extensive menu and too pricey for what they offer. Not sure I will return very soon.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Went for a date night and had ravioli and rustic pasta and though the ravioli was good the portion was small and the pasta had a hair in it. Needless to say left hungry. Though the pasta was taken off the ticket it wasn’t a pleasant experience. Also got a desert to go and received the wrong item. Ordered a peanut butter desert and received some chocolate desert with no peanut butter whatsoever...

Tarasina, General Manager at Benvenutis Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

I am terribly sorry you did not have an experience consistent with the standard experience our loyal customers love and expect at our restaurant. Im sorry you declined to have us make you a new dish.
Our Il Gatto is made with Gianduja, which is a chocolate made with hazelnut, so it is a lot more subltle than peanut butter. I hope you enjoyed it anyway.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

we did our annual credit union board of directors dinner there last night. We had our own room which was nice and set up like a horseshoe. waiter Devin/ was good gave suggestions to part of the group that was not familiar with what a good Italian restaurant has to offer. everyone had appetizers and the calamari was good but honestly I have had better, the bruschetta was spot on and I heard the mussels were really good. I ordered the veal parmesan and it was prepared as it should be not the breaded deep fried stuff you usually get in the mid -south actually a veal chop, it came with the customary side of spaghetti which I thought was smallish also the marinara lacked much flavor .I am biased as I have experienced REALLY good italian restaurants from my youth. it was very good on the whole. we followed with desserts with the carrot cake looing rally good. I had the tarimisu which was good as it should be for a restaurant of this price range. great place to go for special occasions as it is indeed VERY expensive . everyone in our group enjoyed it, Kuddos to Benvenutis

Thank you for your review! We love your boss! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

This is a high-quality restaurant that should not be missed during a stay in Norman. Obvious care is given to the preparation of menu items and their presentation. Our server was charming and knowledgeable. His personality and professionalism greatly enhanced our dining experience. My meal, a Caprese salad followed by a seafood and pasta dish, was delicious, as was dessert. The atmosphere is bustling and a bit noisy for conversation. However, this didn't detract from my enjoyment of the dinner overall.

1  Thank GalFromNY10
Tarasina, General Manager at Benvenutis Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you for the review and acknowledging our care and love of what we do! We hope to see you the next time you visit our beautiful Norman!!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This is one of my all time favorite Italian restaurants and the go to restaurant in Norman for those looking for a enjoyable dinner, exceptional Italian dinners and excellent service.
With a wide range of wine selections to compliment the dinner and evening!

Tarasina, General Manager at Benvenutis Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you! We love sharing our great food and wine with the community! We look forward to your return.

Been to Benvenutis Restaurante? Share your experiences!