“Awesome Italian Restaurant”

Benvenutis Restaurante
Reserve with OpenTable
Benvenutis Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 371 Restaurants in Norman
Price range: USD 18 - USD 60
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: James Garner
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I owned an award winning Italian Restaurant for 11 years and am highly critical of Italian Restaurants. I rarely find a restaurant where I love both the food and the service and this one was super!
I was there for a business meeting and we began with a cocktail party. The staff was excellently trained to walk around those talking but also be attentive to those looking for another drink. The anitpasto and appetizers laid out were exceptional. I ordered
BENVENUTI Salad
Poached Pear, Spinach, Gorgonzola, Candied Walnuts, Aged Balsamic, Walnut Cider Vinaigrette
GAMBERETTI
Capellini, Jumbo Shrimp, Tomatoes, Spinach, Basil, Garlic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
It was perfect! Pasta and Shrimp were done to perfection!
I tried to go back there for lunch on the day I left Norman but they were only open for dinner.
When I asked where the bathroom was the staff took me there. I have experienced this type of service before but only from extremely high priced restaurants so that was a real surprise.
I wish there was this standard of restaurant in my small townl Exceptional!

Date of visit: August 2017
Tarasina, General Manager at Benvenutis Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you for the review. We love hosting your group and wish we could stay at your various establishments, as we are sure they are fantastic!
We strive to make every dining experience special and we thank you for recognizing us for it. We are lucky to have great people working for us and a family of owners who love sharing great food! We hope you will visit again!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

The service is great! Our server was very attentive and knowledgable. The food is the best part of this place, however. I recommend the lobster fazzoletti.

Date of visit: July 2017

Thank you for the review! The Lobster is one of my favorite dishes as well! We work hard to provide a wonderful experience with service and food and I appreciate you recognizing us for both! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We had dinner here on a Friday night. The restaurant was busy, but the vibe was very happy and relaxed. We chose to eat at the bar. Austin the bartender took great care of us, from our wine and cocktail choices to ordering dinner to giving us a bit of history about the building - which is gorgeous I might add!
Our meal was delicious. After getting the scoop on several menu items from Austin I ordered the gamberetti, and was delighted. We will absolutely visit again the next time we're in town!

Date of visit: July 2017

Thank you for the review! I also love our historic old building! So happy you loved your food and cocktails! If you plan to visit us on a weekend this Fall, especially an OU football weekend, please make sure you make a reservation. We fill up in advance and I want to make sure you get a table when you visit! You can call: 405-310-5271! See you soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Went to Benvenutis Saturday night for a birthday celebration. We had a 7:30 reservation and had requested a booth with a window. After much ado and trying to seat us in the darkest part of the restaurant, we were "allowed" to sit in one of the many open booths with windows. During the course of the evening, we ordered 4 bottles of wine, two appetizers, salads, and entrees. We waited entirely too long between courses for service and had to beg for more bread and each time we were brought a very small amount in a basket. Two of us split a salad and it was incredibly small portions. Three of us ordered the sea bass, also extremely small portions. To end the dismal night on a sad note. At the end of the evening, as our waiter set the tab down, he spilled a full glass of water on me! I was offered a towel and a verbal apology. The manager did not come over to the table and no comp was offered. Everyone at the table is in the restaurant business. One is the owner of a very popular restaurant that has been in business for 40 years! I have my doubts about this restaurant lasting that long with this kind of service and food. The food was very unmemorable, as well. Very bland and ordinary. Never going back!

Date of visit: July 2017
Tarasina, General Manager at Benvenutis Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

I am dissapointed to hear that your experience in our establishment was less than extraordinary. I am also disheartened that you did not ask to speak with myself or my front of house manager so we could have addressed the issue of the water spillage! You truly had an extremly rare experience given our twelve very successful years in this business. We pride ourselves on our high quality ingreedients, house made pastas and desserts and the fact that everything we do is with a love of food and our guests. Truly I am sorry your experience was not fantastic!

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Ate here with colleagues and the food is delicious. I had the lobster fazzoletti and it was very good. It had just the right amount of flavor and was light, but filling. I was with a group of seven and everyone said their food was delicious. This is a great place for couples, friends, groups and business meetings, but personally I wouldn't bring kids. There were some kids out on the patio, but indoors feels formal and there was no kids menu. Not sure if they have a sommelier, but they do have an extensive wine list. I also saw a private room with a tv and curtains for privacy. It looked like it could seat a very large group of people.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank nrishard

Thank you for the review and your eye for detail! I am pleased that you tried one of our more unique dishes.
We have two private rooms at Benvenuti's, both with audio and visual equipment. We enjoy regularly hosting business, sales, and non-profit groups!
We very much welcome children and do have a children's menu. We can teach them to appreciate fresh authentic cuisine!
We hope you will join us again soon!

Been to Benvenutis Restaurante? Share your experiences!