“Great Place and Good Value Except on OU Football Weekends!!!!!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Country Inn & Suites a really good place. Rooms and comfortable rooms, an inside pool and a great serve yourself breakfast...and a staff which cares about their guests. However things change when they almost doubles their prices, and the majority of the motels in Norman do the same. The action unfair and leaves a sour taste in the mouthes of many people who use the hotel on non-football days.

Room Tip: Don't go on football weekends when it goes from a nice place to a complete "Football wee...
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 26 August 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Great room. Clean, quiet, comfy. Good breakfast that only got better on the weekend. Great and super friendly staff. Within easy walking distance to several restaurants. Close to shopping. I would stay again.

Stayed: August 2016
Management response:Responded 30 August 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

We reserved two rooms for the weekend via the reservation number. The employee encouraged me to call the hotel on Monday to verify the reservation. I should have known, at that point, that things would be problematic. I did call and thought things had been taken care of. We are Carlson Club members and were to receive one night paid via our points and we were to pay for one night. Upon arrival, he reservation was all wrong and we did not even have a room for one night. They corrected this but then stated that they had cancelled the rooms that was on our points. The GM was able to reinstate the correct room, with out points and we were then instructed to come down on Saturday morning and pay for the Saturday night stays. We did as instructed.....paying one on our card and the other cash. I thought everyone was handled at that point. Only.....once we got home, they had charged our debit card for the Friday night stay to the tune of $350. So, I promptly phoned to try to get this problem solved. I was transferred to the GM who did not answer and whose voice mail was full. The front desk employee then took my information to have her call. No call. So I called back in the evening to discover that she wasn't even there and he had lost my information. I instructed him to have the GM call me at 7:00 a.m. today to get this rectified. No call.....so I called again and did speak to the GM. She stated that we had authorized the charge and that it would be reversed in 3-5 days!!!! And that I should take it up with our bank. Are you kidding me? I do understand that they keep your number on file in case you skip out or trash the room but we NEVER authorized them to bill us for this additional money. I was so very patient with their incompetence on Friday on Saturday but today, after no returned calls and her trying to blame us for this mess, I was just at my end. I am hopeful that they will indeed credit our account as promised and you can be certain, if they do not, I will take this up with my bank. Horrible service from the start that did not improve. Shame on you!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 1 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and inform us about an inaccuracy on your room bill. We understand the inconveniences this can cause. We apologize for the difficulties you encountered.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

This place is just right for the price and comfort I need to visit my child on campus at OU. We had stayed at various places in the past but I think we are going to stick with this one from now on. Why? The coffee! Just kidding! But the coffee IS good. Nothing like the tasteless brown water typically found in most hotels. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff is friendly and accommodating. We had reserved a king sized room by mistake, and they looked and looked until they found a room with two beds for us (on move-in weekend, no less!) and were able to switch our reservation. Pets are allowed for those traveling with fur babies. We heard a few barks during the daytime but none at night and were told to report any to the front desk immediately should it interfere with our comfort. Only well behaved pets tolerated! We didn't bring our own, but we may in the future. The breakfast on the weekend included omelettes, seasoned potatoes (the flavor was surprisingly good), and ham. No eggs the day before, French toast and sausage instead plus the typical waffle machine, cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, juices, & baked goods. It was a welcoming, comfortable environment. I even saw a few folks swinging in the rocking chairs in the porch. We definitely plan on staying here again when we next visit the college kid!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 August 2016

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I will let our team here know that you felt welcoming. We are looking forward to you coming back to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location, has comfy beds and clean rooms, and a decent continental breakfast. The price was also reasonable. The breakfast area was too small for the crowd that was there and the eggs were that weird foamy stuff but everything else tasted fine. Would stay again for the price, though I doubt I will ever be rolling through OK again!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 30 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Come back and see us in the future.