“Good food, friendly staff”
Review of Johnnie's Grill

Johnnie's Grill
Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in El Reno
Price range: USD 0 - USD 8
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

This is an El Reno staple, the food is good and staff are always friendly. If you are in town it's worth a stop even if your not hungry.

1  Thank James A

Reviewed 26 January 2017

I've only been in for breakfast since change of Ownership recently. I can say that the place is MUCH cleaner. The quality of base ingredients seems unchanged. I hope they've upgraded quality of meat for burgers etc. The staff seemed more eager to serve. I will give them that as well.

1  Thank Plinker007
Reviewed 11 November 2016

I was geared up for this to be amazing and it was just okay. Nothing bad, but nothing to go crazy over either. The onions do make the burger better, but my burger patty was oddly shaped and did not work with the bun. Sounds like a weird thing to complain about, I know. But, it actually made eating the burger somewhat difficult. Maybe that is part of the charm? I am giving them 4 stars because we were there on a Sunday and it was slow. Often restaurants are better when they are busy. Food tends to be better, service is better. Two people at the table had pie after lunch. The pie was pretty good.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Traveling through El Reno, we decided to stop for lunch at Johnnie's Grill based on Trip Advisor reviews! So glad we did. Love the diner atmosphere. I had the coney with chili and slaw (homemade and absolutely delicious) while my husband had an onion burger. We shared half orders of onion rings and tator tots that were so crisp and not greasy. The food was soooooo delicious! Prices are good, service is friendly and efficient, and they have the best coffee! Will definitely stop here again!

Reviewed 2 November 2016

On our way to Dallas we had heard about the regional variation of the griddle smashed hamburgers in El Reno and need to stop and try both Sid's and Johnnies. We did try both, I reviewed Sid's separately but hands-down Johnnie's was the better burger. Don't get me wrong, Sid's was good too but at the end of the day we preferred Johnnie's. The meat was more flavorful but maybe it was the "slaw" we put on the burger. The "slaw" is a sweet sour green-khaki colored that is to "die for" on the burger. Give it a try!