“A Surprise on the Prarie”

Habaneros Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #219 of 348 Restaurants in Edmond
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Visited Habaneros with family to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. As expected it was very busy but we only had to wait 10 minutes before being seated. There bar and patio area are nice but a little "Spartan", dining room is far from fancy with metal tables and chairs. Due to poor acoustics, it tends to be noisy, but that adds to the fun atmosphere. Our server was attentive and provided excellent service throughout the meal. They didn't hover nor did they ignore, they were just there at the appropriate times leaving us alone to talk and enjoy the meal. Chips and salsa were provided (liked the salsa but the chips were a tad thick but otherwise tasty). We tried the fried jalapeno (sliced horizontally, lightly breaded then pan fried) and I immediately fell in Love. Great appetizer and I will go back if for no other reason than this dish. Had mixed (chicken and beef) fajitas as an entrée accompanied by a so-so Margarita (they couldn't quite get the concept tat I did NOT want salt on the rim and prefer a different tequila than Jose Cuervo. The tortillas were light and fluffy, the chicken and beef perfectly spiced/prepared and the sides (beans and rice) were meals unto themselves. This was a mixed experience for the service and food were excellent but the atmosphere and bar were only so-so. Suggest they either change bartenders and/or upgrade the back bar. Also suggest they expand their beer menu beyond normal domestic brands and a small group of Mexican beers. I would also do something with the floor or the ceiling to reduce the noise. It was acceptable but a notch lower would be better. If you are in Edmond and looking for a good Mexican meal, this would be my recommendation for the food and service were very good.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

My family frequent Habaneros weekly and we have never been disappointed. Food is great and value is on point! Service is amazing but does roll through often so lots of new faces which isn't bad. Fajitas can fill a family of 4.

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

This is average (at best) Mexican food. I'd be content to never return, but my husband likes their enchiladas. I always order fajitas, which are about 1/2 the size of other restaurant's portions. Queso is super watery. Salsa is ok. Tortillas are usually not fresh. Service is very slow. Wish I could give 2.5 stars.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

We tend to go here a lot. The servers are friendly, great drink specials, great chocolate cake. Chips and salsa are good as well. Local place.

Reviewed 4 March 2016

Average at best
Service was slow althought they were not packed with other customers
Food nothing special