“honest people and delicious ribs!”

Smokin Joe's Rib Ranch
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Davis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: http://www.davisok.org/MemberDetail.asp?MID=1260 Above is their website. Let's get these folks on the TA review site. Their food is great. JR
Reviewed 23 May 2017

we stopped here on our on ride from Dallas to OKC- we saw a special on TV and really wanted to try the brisket. The portions were really plentiful and the cost was much lower than you'd expect! we had a lot of BBQ on our 10-state trip, and the ribs we had here were the best. Really juicy, meaty and tender! everything was good, but thy ribs stood out! the brisket wasn't bad- oh and the baked beans- delicious!!! we tried the 3 meat combo, and that was a great option. And the sauces were very tasty!
but, the very best part of this restaurant is the patrons and the staff. Somehow, my wallet was left behind, and we didn't realize until we arrived in OKC a hour and half later. We called right away, and they had it - someone had turned it in, untouched, with everything as it was. When we arrived back, the staff had put it in the safe in the back. Their kindness saved our trip, and I am just so very grateful! so you must stop in for the ribs and the lovely people!

1  Thank Matanda28

A TripAdvisor Member
Rossburn, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Walked in with a nice greeting. Ordered my brisket and bean and was recommended the potatoes salad which was good. Ask if I would be interested in a rib so said ok. The brisket had beutiful moisture and texture. The rib was nice smoke flavor. Will make a return soon for some more southern bbq. Wasn't a fan of the beans but that dont mean it wasn't good, I'm just more of a tomatoe paste guy in my beans. Had smoke flavor in them as well.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 May 2017

And I do want to say that it's a very good place to eat. First time I had the brisket, potato salad (which is very good) and slaw. Today I tried the ribs plus the same 2 sides. i got the small order of ribs which consists of 3 ribs and a burnt end. I could only eat 1 1/2 ribs. It was sooooo salty. The flavor was spot on but the saltiness of the rub and/or mop sauce they used (not sure if they use a mop sauce or not) just made is way too salty for me. I won't order the ribs again but if someone I was with did, I would ask for a bite just to compare and see if I just happened to get a salty batch. but I wouldn't hesitate to eat at SJ's for a 3rd time.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Some of the best BBQ that I have ever had. Amazing brisket. Slaw is right on where it needs to be. You won't be hungry leaving here.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Big portions.brisket was flavorful. Nice place, seemed to be a local fave. Staff was ok, not overly friendly however.