“If brisket sliced with the grain offends you, don't eat here”
Review of Jake's Rib

Jake's Rib
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Chickasha
Price range: USD 0 - USD 8
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 November 2017

So I've been to Jake's on several occasions over the years and I like the place pretty well.

This time I went with a specific task in mind: judge their brisket sandwich.

Overall it was ok. More on that in a bit. Jake's has great fries and other sides and I really wish I had gone for ribs or sausage. But I didn't. I had the pulled pork and the brisket.

Brisket first - I've never seen a place that slices brisket the way they do here. And I can't figure out why they do it that way. They slice it WITH the grain. As a certified Kansas City BBQ society judge, I about fainted. Are they trying to make it harder on themselves? Brisket needs to be sliced across the grain. Period. End of sentence. Enough with that. It tasted ok but was probably a little overcooked (easy to do in restaurant brisket). Smoke flavor wasn't super prevalent. I'd order it again, but I'd ask that they chop it first.

Pulled pork - had several bites of my son's sandwich. Pepper is the dominant flavor. Not smoke, not sweet, not spicy, just pepper. They may be going for a "Texas style" flavor, but pork butt is too easy not to screw up to just throw a salt and pepper rub on it. It needed sauce and a lot of it to really set my taste buds moving.

French fries - MASSIVE LOAF and I love them.

I don't mean to sound super critical of these super nice folks, but I do want them to know that people are paying attention. :-)

1  Thank jwiley963

Reviewed 2 November 2017

I go by JAKES BBQ on my way to and from the OU football games,, IN THE PAST THEY WERE PRETTY GOOD FOR TAKE OUTS, THE LAST COUPLE OF TIMES IT HAVE BEEN PURE D JUNK FOR FOOD, the RIBS look like they was cook 3 weeks ago, my last name is BUTLER in case the people at jakes are reading this , I will order 1 more time
and this time I will be taking pics.

1  Thank dunbartrojans
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

The portion sizes were large enough to split between at least 2 and possibly 3 people. There were 7 people and 5 different lunches were ordered. The chicken fried steak was served with a mound of mashed potatoes and 2 steaks. The ribs came with 6 ribs, there were 3 slices of beef. I ordered the salad bar and fried green tomatoes- a very good variety of items to choose from (not just lettuce and dressing). The fried green tomatoes could have been sliced thinner for my taste, but were very good! The plastic cup drink-ware were a GREAT size for thirsty people. But disappointed that all they served was Pepsi products (but at least they had Diet Pepsi.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Good BBQ, not great but the portions are VERY large. I really like their sauce, but the hot is pretty hot. Service is excellent and prices are mid range. I had not eaten here in many years and it hasn't changed a bit.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

You can't beat the price when they do the Rib night special as they did on Sat. evening. $10.99 for a large platter of ribs and two huge sides. They were tender and not the little rib burnt ends or small ones you get at some places. They don't skimp on the amount of food you get. Staff was very friendly. The brisket however is not actually brisket. It's sliced thin and looks more like a roast beef for sandwiches. Not crazy about that but everything else was great and tasted just right.