“Nice establishment, neat upstairs bar”
Review of Rock Island Grill

Rock Island Grill
Ranked #36 of 54 Restaurants in Chickasha
Price range: USD 5 - USD 19
Description: Restaurant & Bar... Family friendly, large dining areas, outside patio dining and separate full service bar with pool tables and raised outside lounge deck.
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Nice clean restaurant just south of chickasha HWY 81. Spacious with adequate seating. We ordered chips and salsa...superb and tasty salsa with a hint of hotness. Would order again.

I had the cheese enchiladas and it was way too cheesy for my liking. Homemade refried beans was good and I'm picking on those. Rice was tender and good.
Wife had beef fajitas, meat was tender and nicely seasoned.
I noticed others ordered the burgers and those bad boys looked delicious. So I would recommend those over the Mexican plates.
Rock Island punch was good too.

Update: burgers are always good, along with chips and salsa. My only issue with this place is that everyone here lacks enthusiasm and personality. Don't seem to excited to see you here, almost robotic in nature.

Update: June 2018 tried fried pickles, were in strips, good and crunchy.
Wife had the fajita beef quesadilla, meat was okay but lacking in the quesadilla, mostly tortilla and cheese.
I had the chicken fried chicken, it was okay, crunchy but thin. Mashed potatoes were good along with the creamy gravy, broccoli was big and flavored well.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Best burger ever! My hubby and I stopped in for lunch today. I ordered the bacon cheeseburger and asked if they could add grilled onions. It was incredibly delicious! The hamburger was thick, juicy and well seasoned. Bun toasted. The bacon was crisp. The grilled onions put it over the top! The tastiest thing I have ever put in my mouth. Try their burgers!!

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I have visited Rock Island Grill several times and feel I can honestly write a thorough review. Everything we have ordered is fresh and hot. Portions are adequate but not abundant. You will most likely not have any take home. Quesadillas are very good. Chips and salsa are not complementary with Mexican entrees. Salsa is excellent and thick robust flavor. Chips are very thin and are not a match for salsa. We have also ordered "to go" sandwiches from RIG and there sandwiches are very meaty and fresh. Waitstaff is undertrained but common for a non-chain restaurant. The two front dining areas are much quieter than the back dining room. The back dining room can get pretty loud when large groups are present and makes it difficult to talk/hear. There are daily lunch specials and daily specials also. You will find quality fresh prepared meals and friendly service. A prairie dog village borders the south edge of property if you have kids or like the little things. There is a bar upstairs that I haven't tried and they are working on opening a large patio.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

After waiting for awhile for a server we asked her about the nachos borachos. She told us it was served on a large platter. That was correct, but the center was filled with shredded lettuce. The chips seemed to be broken in half. The couple behind us was brought the wrong salad dressing. The chicken that was brought out for their child was deemed raw. As we left, we talked to a couple of our friends. He said that the beers in his garage were as cold as what he served. They said their food was poor. My wife said we will not be back.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Nice atmosphere. TV to keep an eye on the weather, friendly service, and yes... FRESH FOOD!
Today (Wednesday) is Seniors discount day ~ save 10% :)