“Awesome Local Country Food”

Johnson's Stepping Stone Cafe
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Bixby
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

This place is a great local eatery. While we did have to wait a bit to be seated, it was due to the restaurant being packed with the locals that frequent the place. And it's packed for good reason. It's some of the best country and American food that you can get in the area.

A bit of background on the spot that the resturaunt occupies; I've seen many resturaunts come and go in the location. Many times only lasting about a year. The main issue being that the place is hidden away from the main road that runs through the town. The Stepping Stone has made it year after year, and has become a Bixby staple.

I had the "world famous" chicken fried steak, and it lives up to its name. I definitely recommend it, especially at it's price point. Crispy crust with the cube steak perfectly tender. The fries were delicious, and the okra is only second to the one my grandmother makes. My girlfriend had the cheeseburger (and had me try a bite). I honestly feel the burger is better than Five Guys (not that my girlfriend agrees, but each to our own).

One other side note. While I've never had it, they are one of the few places that serve "Indian Tacos". Last I checked, it's a once-a-week special, but I wanted to note it in my review in case anyone ever wants to know where they can find this rather rare dish.

Should you drive through Bixby, this place is a must visit! 5/5

Reviewed 5 February 2018

This is the BEST restaurant to visit in Bixby. The food is amazing home cooked meal. The chicken strips are wonderful and you get a lot for the money. Love this place!

1  Thank Interlockinghearts
Reviewed 20 January 2018

If you're looking for a "home cooked" meal and a taste of nostalgia, Johnson's Stepping Stone Cafe in downtown Bixby fits the bill. We started with a cup of Corn Chowder and Vegetable Beef Stew. My husband said it tasted like his mom used to make it and he'd go back just for the stew.
Chicken Fried Steak - just the way my hubby likes it, without a ton of breading. Tender and tasty with mashed potatoes and gravy.

Meatloaf was the special for the evening, which I don't usually order from a restaurant, but I'm glad I did! Excellent, huge and enjoyed a meatloaf sandwich the next day.

Fried okra was crisp and the rolls tasted homemade and "yeasty".

The servers were friendly and attentive. Love visiting small town diners AND supporting small business owners! Avoid the chains and go to Stepping Stone Cafe!

1  Thank TableTalkLori
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome. Burgers are great, jalapeño chicken, Indian tacos you name it, it’s amazing. Honestly this place is incredible my family loves it.

1  Thank Stormcatt
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Their menu says "Famous Chicken Fried Steak". Oh my, you need to try their hamburger steak. It is amazing!!

1  Thank Jr M

Been to Johnson's Stepping Stone Cafe? Share your experiences!