“Great find for weary travellers. Get off the highway and visit Zanesville!”

The Bridge Coffeehouse & Restaurant
Price range: USD 5 - USD 11
Description: The Bridge is a mission-oriented sustainable enterprise. All of The Bridge's profits are used for community development projects, primarily focused in the Putnam neighborhood. The mission of The Bridge is three-fold: -To provide vocational training and employment experience to under-employable individuals. Many of our team members are individuals who may face barriers to conventional employment, such as felons, working parents, and individuals with temporary residence. The Bridge provides an opportunity for professional development, skills training, and positive work history. -To provide access to nutritious, locally sourced foods in a low-income neighborhood. We think that our local food economies are important, and we also believe that healthy eating is an important building block in combating the cycle of poverty. We source as many of our ingredients as we can from local and regional farmers and artisans, and we make sure our menu includes affordable items for families in our neighborhood. -To provide a community meeting space which bridges social, economic and cultural division. We have intentionally located our restaurant in a low-income, working class neighborhood. But we also serve some of the best food, with the highest quality of food sources in Zanesville. We believe that The Bridge is a meeting space which brings a diverse group of people together in harmony. Whether you're a white collar family looking for healthy, amazing gourmet food, or a low-income family which needs access to nutritious, affordable food, there is something on our menu for you. This provides an opportunity for cultural exchange, as well as as opportunity for capitalistic wealth transfer from high to low income areas. The Bridge is owned by Muskingum Valley Community Development, LLC (MVCD), which is a community of investors who believe in glorifying God through sustainable enterprise. We desire to take the Kingdom of God beyond the doors of the church, and to share the love of Jesus in practical ways with our community. MVCD is a for-profit company. We believe that enterprise allows us to empower our community for change in unique and sustainable ways, and also frees us from the burden of soliciting donors. Although we are a for-profit company, all proceeds are recycled into community development projects, primarily in the Putnam neighborhood in Zanesville, Ohio.
Reviewed 3 May 2017

En route to somewhere else, we are always in search of interesting local places with good coffee and food. The Bridge satisfied us in both respects. The food here is all well done, the coffee is very good. Reasonable prices too. And the people who work there are warm and welcoming. A wonderful reprieve from interstate travel. Note that even with GPS directions, it is not so easy to find, but don't give up. It's worth the effort.

There are newer reviews for The Bridge Coffeehouse & Restaurant

Reviewed 30 April 2017

I have eaten breakfast here with my hubby and several friends and met several friends there for lunch but this was our first time of eating dinner there. I had a sirloin steak cooked med rare and it was cooked just the way I like it with parsley mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables. My husband had spaghetti with salad and bread rolls and he said it was very good. As I mentioned my steak was fixed just the way I liked it, both my husband and I liked our salads~they had nice mixture of lettuce plus spinach, grated cheese, carrots, croutons and my ranch dressing was extra good (it tasted like it was homemade). I'm not much of a veggie eater but the grilled veggies were wonderful~zucchini, onions, yellow squash and carrots all marinated in a sauce that was really good. The girl who took our order was very friendly and came to check on us several times. The only negative thing I could see (and this was something I observed not something that happened to us) was an older couple came in and they mentioned it was their first time there. The girl gave them menus and told them to come up to the counter and order when they were ready. I watched them kind of "hobble" to their seats~it was obvious they were having trouble walking. They looked at the menu and sat there for a few minutes and they finally got up and left. I think if someone had come over to their table and taken their order they would have stayed~I know you don't usually do that but they weren't that busy that night and I think you lost two good customers who didn't want to have to walk up the counter a second time! I know you don't have "waitresses or wait staff" as such but I think some people are kind of put off by having to walk back up to the counter to order. Just an observation from me. I do like to frequent locally owned restaurants and shops as I like the fact that the money goes back into our town.....not into a corporation somewhere far away :)

Reviewed 22 April 2017

I always enjoy the friendly atmosphere, as well as incredible fresh food. The quality and price can't be beat. Amazing coffee. There are options for everyone and the baked goods are a must! Looking forward to coming for dinner on the patio.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Great place. Very relaxing very laid back. Food is great as well as the coffee!!! Local business that should be supported. Reasonable prices beats fast food and all kinds of coffee ☕

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Unremarkable breakfast sandwiches and lunch here. Prices are slightly higher than local competitors with no better quality. Confusing order process could be improved for customers. Service is fairly slow due to under staffing and high staff turnover. WiFi is very slow or non existent. Building location is hidden with poor lighting at the parking area. Difficult handicap entrance. Bottom line, do your research before patronizing this establishment and make sure you want your dollars to continue to support their business mission. Bob Evans, the Panera offer much better breakfast options and are more welcoming and friendly to all.

2  Thank greenluck007