“A Nice Surprise”

Ditty's Downtown Deli
Ranked #14 of 111 Restaurants in Zanesville
Price range: USD 0 - USD 8
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Description: Great food in a musical environment!
Description: Great food in a musical environment!
Reviewed 22 July 2017

When my wife and I travel, we try to identify eating establishments that are unique to the area. Ditty's definitely qualifies.

This place is really small. There is seating for about twelve people if two of them are willing to stand. We stopped here for lunch and hit it lucky. There were two stools at the counter that we immediately grabbed.

The staff is unbelievably friendly and personable. They make you feel like you been life-long friends. Kathie ordered a ham and cheese sandwich, and I ordered my "go-to" deli sandwich, corned beef. The sandwiches were excellent. Both of us left stuffed.

If you're ever in the area, definitely stop. It is absolutely worth a visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

Had the best breakfast wrap ever! Highly recommend the highlander grog coffee as well!

Staff was very friendly and service was good and fast!

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Nice ,little downtown lunch spot. Excellent sandwiches. Box lunch around $7.25 ,includes large sandwich, potato chips, side dish and drink. I especially like the Muffeletta. Small dine in space.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Looking for a place to stop for lunch between Columbus and Wheeling. Dis was da place. It's little whole in the wall presence in the heart of downtown belies the quality of the food. Fresh made chicken salad, fresh made slaw, hand prepped sandwiches served with a smile and a little bit of local lore. Check out the Y Bridge and Tom's Ice Cream Bowl. Get off the freeway and explore a bit.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

This excellent deli is hidden on the south side of downtown Zanesville, adjacent to the Police Department. We stopped in for late lunch on a weekday as we were passing through town. The staff was cheerful and welcoming. I ordered the American Club, with a side of baked potato salad. The salad was delicious, the potatoes cooked to a perfect texture, with a tangy, creamy texture. The sandwich was beyond generous, with turkey, ham, and bacon piled high on thick-sliced toasted rye bread. My wife was delighted with the muffuletta: the thin-sliced, spicy ham, capicolla, and provolone complimented by the tasty olive relish, held together by sourdough bread. My only regret is that we do not travel through Zanesville very often, because DItty's Downtown Deli deserves a return visit!