“Zane grey fans must stop here”

Muddy Misers Cool River Cafe
Ranked #3 of 111 Restaurants in Zanesville
Price range: USD 10 - USD 45
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cozy, rustic dining with outside seating available in summer. Lunch and dinner specials daily.
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Full of history, the Muddy Miser was an interesting place to stop for a quick bite and drink. The place is named after Zane Grey's mentor when he was a youth. I ordered pork chops with cabbage... the shredded cabbage mixed with cut brussel sprouts was excellent. I received two thick cut pork chop. Just a bit tough but very tasty. Service was excellent.

There are newer reviews for Muddy Misers Cool River Cafe

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We found this incredible, awesome restaurant on our road trip. Well worth the drive off of the interstates. The food was phenomenal, the atmosphere was just as phenomenal but Steph the waitress sent this experience over the top! By all means stop here! Be sure and get the peanut butter pie. It's homemade. We ate it so fast I forgot to take a picture. We had the walleye which was incredible and fish and chips. We wood love to go back and try some other things on the menu.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Visited last week and sat outside right on the river watching the geese and ducks. Excellent food. The ribs were as good as I have had anywhere and their loaded hamburger was a meal in itself. They have cleaned up the back deck right on the river and it is delightful in the evening. Great food, wonderful setting, and smiling waiters (that is a rarity anymore). When in Zanesville do not miss this place. I will be back!!!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We have had family dinners here several times. Love sitting in the outside area! Great onion rings! Nice and friendly staff! Good times!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The last time we were in the area and wanted to try this restaurant it was closed. We were very pleased that we managed to get there and it was open. We stopped in after a day at the Wilds and Visiting the Big Musky Bucket.

First, I must point out that there were 7 of us in the party. I was the first to arrive the rest were in the parking lot getting ready to come in, was greeted right away and asked if I had been help and I told them that we had a party of 7. I was told to wait just one moment. As I was waiting in less than a minute another staff member walked by and asked if I had been help. Several people walked by asked to same question. They were very aware when someone was waiting. We really were seats in 3-4 minutes. We got there at the perfect time too because within 10 minutes there was a line of people waiting to get in and each some good food.

Our server was very attentive and very accommodating.

The special for the evening was the Prime Rib 12 / 16 Oz. I order the 16Oz with the sweet burban fries. The Prime Rib was perfect and the fries were excellent. I did not get very much since I shared with the who table loved the fries too. My son got the two crab cakes, 4 shrimp Mac & Cheese dinner. The crabs cakes was pretty good and the shrimp were large and perfectly cooked. The Mac and Cheese was ok. They needed some salt which made them better. They were cheesy. Once some salt was added that tasted really good. I am not faulting them for this. Many places today are watching the sodium and prefer that people add the salt they desire. One of our friends had the shrimp dinner. The same size shrimp like the crab cakes, nice and large and cooked perfectly. Another Dinner we has the Trout with the Planko crust. That dinner was really good. It made my wife upset a bit that she did not get that dish. She was deciding between the Trout and the Pork Chops. She got the Chops, the dish was good but the tasting of the trout since we shared she regretted that she choose the chops. That just means we have to go back.

We were told there Ribs are really good and I saw people had ordered them and they did look good.

For dessert, we had the Lemon Pie and it was excellent. They had several options and they all sounded really good.

I definitely recommend checking them out and try the ribs too next time.