“What a pleasant surprise find”

Mizu Sushi and Grill
Ranked #29 of 112 Restaurants in Zanesville
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I was raised in Zanesville but don't live there now, living in the Western US. I was back in Zanesville for a High School Reunion and saw this restaurant as we were driving around town. Not only was I surprised but curious. When I lived in Zanesville in the n 70's, there wasn't even a McDonald's, dining choices were limited to steakhouses or Italian, not that they were bad because they weren't (but that's another review) there just wasn't much choice. So, seeing Mizu Sushi and Grill, I had to try it before my reunion. Besides, it was a few hours till dinner and my wife and I were starved. We ordered some specialty rolls and were very pleased with the service and quality of the food. I had a classmate say that he'd be unsure of Sushi in Zanesville because it's so far from the ocean but with today's transportation system, I'd say you can find good Sushi anywhere there's a good Sushi Chef and there is one in Zanesville.

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Sushi is always awesome! The kids love getting a crab stick roll (pretending to eat sushi like mom) and a side of fried rice!

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

What can I say... It's a very nice, clean and yummiest sashimi in town! I dine here often wether solo or with friends and/or family.

1  Thank Miki K
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Nice, sleek, contemporary feel. Ordered the fried rice and a variety of sushi. Wonderful! However, service was very slow. I don't know if we went on a bad night. Hard to get refills on drinks. I will try it again.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

Mizu is a fairly new restaurant in the Zanesville Ohio area. They offer top notch sushi with excellent freshness and presentations. They recently added a liquor license to serve beer and wine which is always good. Can get busy during Friday and Saturday dinner rush. Service has always been impressive. Tons of free parking and a zero step entrance for the older folks. Items from the sushi bar are the real highlight, with an excellent selection of special rolls. Fast becoming one of the top restaurants in Zanesville. Not cheap but you get what you pay for here. Blows away the other "sushi" place in town.